+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    So basically it's the TC's "go with the hot hand" theory.
    Pretty much. I have alwayas felt RBs needed to take snaps to get a feel for the game. Having a tandem SHOULD help Wilson's and Brown's game and season longevity
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    What mystifies me is that you can watch both Bradshaw and Wilson and think Bradshaw had great vision and patience and Wilson is very poor. I would rate them roughly even in that department
    Neither has shown patience. I can buy Wilson can learn, but Bradshaw is who he is at this point.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    He is far faster than Dayne but they have the same running style faults............Look you have in Andre Brown one of the best RBs in the NFL........All he has to do is stay healthy.......why worry, and why rush Wilson into a starting assignment he is clearly not ready for.....he is a situational back at this time without the proper technique to be a StarterBradshaw was let go because of Brown's emergence, not Wilson's
    I don't think they would have let Bradshaw go for a guy comming back from an injury. I think they are counting on Wilson.

It's funny how when our line plays well, like in 2008 AB's vision was never called into question. Now that are line has struggled in run blocking now it's AB's fault the running game isn't as dominant. AB was and is a great cutback runner with really good vision. When the holes are there he hits them. He doesn't hit the hole as fast as Brown, but his vision and running lane choice are far from poor. When the line struggled AB struggled. Because Brown is more of a one cut and go RB his running style is more conducive to an average run blocking team like we were in 2012.

RBs in general, except for rare instances, are just like QBs, receiving way too much credit for success and too much blame for a poor running game. I'll take a great O-line and a crap back over a good RB and a crappy Oline any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    What mystifies me is that you can watch both Bradshaw and Wilson and think Bradshaw had great vision and patience and Wilson is very poor. I would rate them roughly even in that department
    I hope you are right as Bradshaw is a Colt now
    My eyes tell me different......one thing Bradshaw does for a little guy is bowl people over. I have not seen that from Wilson

.....Wow. Not sure why u would think brown is one of the best backs in the nfl... He has only rushed for 100 yds in one game in his career and got injured when given the chance to step up and prove he is an every down back. In a league where there are now so many proven rbs, saying he is one the best in the nfl is a ridiculous stretch. Maybe u or someone else can enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Pretty much. I have alwayas felt RBs needed to take snaps to get a feel for the game. Having a tandem SHOULD help Wilson's and Brown's game and season longevity
    Yeah I'm hoping that it tires out defense with the change of pace from both players.Hopefully the running game will be like '08.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    He is far faster than Dayne but they have the same running style faults............Look you have in Andre Brown one of the best RBs in the NFL........All he has to do is stay healthy.......why worry, and why rush Wilson into a starting assignment he is clearly not ready for.....he is a situational back at this time without the proper technique to be a Starter

Bradshaw was let go because of Brown's emergence, not Wilson's
    Did you just compare Dayne to Wilson? LOL, c'mon seriously?

When you say one of the best RBs in the league do you mean like top 20, or like top 5?

top 15

maybe I should've asked that first^ before hating on his top rb comment