+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Brown will emerge as the starting RB........Wilson has a lot to learn

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Remember when Dayne averaged 5 ypc? Ya, me neither
    Yeah, 2005.

No, but I get your point. I wouldn't compare Wilson with Dayne.

He is far faster than Dayne but they have the same running style faults............Look you have in Andre Brown one of the best RBs in the NFL........All he has to do is stay healthy.......why worry, and why rush Wilson into a starting assignment he is clearly not ready for.....he is a situational back at this time without the proper technique to be a Starter

Bradshaw was let go because of Brown's emergence, not Wilson's

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Wilson is going to be the starting RB. That doesn't mean that Brown won't get a lot of touches though.
    I'm not so sure Brown might not start the season with a bigger share of the load depending on how the reads and blocking have improved. However, I asol think it won't be long before WIlson is getting more snaps
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not so sure Brown might not start the season with a bigger share of the load depending on how the reads and blocking have improved. However, I asol think it won't be long before WIlson is getting more snaps
    I would say I tend to agree with this scenario as well...although once training camp starts...you never can tell...... injuries,.....some players just pick things up quicker than others....At this point it's real speculation
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I would say I tend to agree with this scenario as well...although once training camp starts...you never can tell...... injuries,.....some players just pick things up quicker than others....At this point it's real speculation
    As in everything Giants, we don't have a clue most of the time but it is fun to imagine how things will go and then the first injury or surprise play maker appears and it's back to the drawing board.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

And this is why not re-signing Bradshaw absolutely mystifies me........not only was he a killer RB but a clubhouse leader and extremely passionate Giant
    more of a problem solver than a problem........yes he had shaky ankles but he is so tough it does not seem to slow him down.....I wish him well at the Colts

What you guys see in Wilson also mystifies me.......his burst through wide open holes are impressive but not very repeatable with our O Line

Only thing I'm worried about is Brown getting hurt again, from getting to many carries. Last year I think was freak injury and hope for the best, cause he proved when he is healthy, he can take on that role as the tough physical back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Only thing I'm worried about is Brown getting hurt again, from getting to many carries. Last year I think was freak injury and hope for the best, cause he proved when he is healthy, he can take on that role as the tough physical back.
    I don't think we'll see a 75 - 25 split. More like 51-49. I have hope after Hixon came back strong (health) after two ACL tears.

I don't think we'll see a 75 - 25 split. More like 51-49. I have hope after Hixon came back strong (health) after two ACL tears.
    So basically it's the TC's "go with the hot hand" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    And this is why not re-signing Bradshaw absolutely mystifies me........not only was he a killer RB but a clubhouse leader and extremely passionate Giant
    more of a problem solver than a problem........yes he had shaky ankles but he is so tough it does not seem to slow him down.....I wish him well at the Colts

What you guys see in Wilson also mystifies me.......his burst through wide open holes are impressive but not very repeatable with our O Line
    What mystifies me is that you can watch both Bradshaw and Wilson and think Bradshaw had great vision and patience and Wilson is very poor. I would rate them roughly even in that department

+ Reply to Thread