+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

"Starter" is pretty much meaningless now in football at most positions

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    with the exception of possibly a couple of position...this is very true
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

David Wilsons college tape I thought showed average RB instincts.Physically he was outstanding but some of the criticisms are valid even though they are way over the top and exggarated

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    David Wilsons college tape I thought showed average RB instincts.Physically he was outstanding but some of the criticisms are valid even though they are way over the top and exggarated
    Yep, though I think Bradshaw had much the same issue with patience and instincts. Bradshaw turned into a very capable starter.

Brown has the best instincts of any HB the giants have had since Tiki.

But im not sure they need to knock Wilson to just say that Brown is a very good runner too. Both will get a ton of snaps if they stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I don't think Wilson is going to get return duties since he would be, at the very least, a 1a or 1b position... It's going to fall to a competition between Murphy, Jernigan, Ross, Scott, and Cox as to who gets the KR and PR labels...

TC is very fond of using the two-back system, with one shifty back and one power back. Granted, I think he was a little spoiled for a while when both Jacobs and Bradshaw were in their prime (since Bradshaw actually had a good amount of power for himself), but it's a no-brainer that Wilson will be the shifty back and Brown the power back... both getting significant touches, both contributing greatly.
    I thought so too, but Wilson was catching for Weatherford at mini-camp and mentioned in his interview that he still wants to do KRs.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yeah, except to the "back-up".

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Yeah, except to the "back-up".
    Coaches and scouts now know not to look at who specifically is "starting" (except for QB) and look at what kind of production they have, and ascertain how much is due to their talent and how much is due to system and whoever they're playing with... I.e., how much is Cruz's production based on his pure physical talent and how much is due to being paired with Nicks?

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

what!? that comment doesn't make sense.... the other way around, starting doesn't have meaning in few positions on either offense or defense. don't get carried away now

where is this coming from?