+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For the Giants to win this yearts SB two things have to happen

Consistency is key. Jekyll one game, Hyde the other.

I think the two things are the DL getting to the QB and creating real pressure and the OL protecting Eli so he can make throws with the extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Tuck doesn't have to be a pro-bowler, he just needs to contribute. All four facets of the team...offense, defense, special teams and coaching have to be consistent. When a player is not performing, no matter how veteran they are, the coaches need to snatch them out of the game. They can't wait and hope the player eventually breaks out of the funk...let them break out of the funk during practice.
    Agreed. Huge season upcoming for him....will likely determine whether it's his last year as a Giant.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Banned
    The offensive line needs to pass and run block better and we need to sustain drives. I haven't looked at percentages, I just know Eli was hurried a lot last year. For the most part, I think we just had a SB hangover... either that or other teams just figured out our offense. Tuck just needs to contribute, I think JPP is the one who needs to have a better yr. With that said, I think we'll bounce back.

some of the Giants defensive players said after last season that opposing offensive coordinators figured out how to defend the Giants passrush and things just didn't work anymore the way they used to and if thats true then we were outcoached as well as outplayed....

+ Reply to Thread