+ Reply to Thread

Giants' CB Focused On Recovery But Also The Future

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/14/sp...=football&_r=0

Excerpt: "The Giants’ Terrell Thomas has many thoughts swirling in his head as he attempts an against-the-odds comeback from the third tear of the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and the second in two years. The most troubling thought is that Thomas might be nearing the premature end of a career that once held great promise at cornerback.

“I’m a football player right now, and that’s what I’m focused on,” Thomas said Thursday. “But I’ve got to start thinking about that second avenue just in case it doesn’t work out.

Teammates went through various on-field drills in their final time together at minicamp before they reassemble July 26 for the start of training camp, but Thomas worked largely on the side with one of the trainers. While teammates look forward to resting their bodies for the rigors ahead, Thomas devotes himself to an arduous rehabilitation with which he is all too familiar.

“You’ve almost got to put 10 years of hard work into one year,” said Thomas, 28, in explaining that he must regain strength in his quadriceps and his hips as well as a knee ligament that inexplicably tore in the early days of camp last July.

“It just kind of gave out,” he said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    Can only hope for the best for TT. Wait and see.

I got nothing but hope for TT. Literally. I hope he doesn't blow out a knee walking to his car.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

if any player deserves a good coming year it TT.

good luck Terrell.