+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why The Cowboys Will Win (and why it doesn't matter)

Bench Player

Why The Cowboys Will Win (and why it doesn't matter)

Why will the Cowboys win this game? Because they can't. Romo hurt. No defense. Lost 3 of last 4 games including blowing it against Giants a couple of weeks ago. Playing against the Giants in their stadium. About every media person in Dallas already counting the final game as a loss.

Therefore, they win (somehow).

But does it really make much difference for either the Giants or the Cowboys to win? Not much, unless you count bragging rights as NFC East champion. Just gives the winner the opportunity to get embarrassed by either the Packers or the Saints (if somehow they can even make it past Detroit).

Re: Why The Cowboys Will Win (and why it doesn't matter)

Judging from the post count, message and screenname, this is a troll. However, probably the most intelligent and well-spoken troll I've ever come across.

I can see validity to most all of his points.

Things that favor the Cowboys.

-Everything you've stated. The Cowboys play better without expectations.
    -Run game should be important, and although the Giants run game has come on a bit strong, I'd say the Cowboys are still better at running the ball and stopping the run.
    -The Giants aren't very good at home. 3-4 And the 3 wins they have honestly weren't the most impressive wins (although the most impressive win came last week).
    -DeMarcus Ware and the pass rush. Ware's back to being healthy now. To add to that, DeMarcus Ware has 13 of his 18 sacks on the road. I attribute it to the turf at Cowboys Stadium. His speed rush suffers because seemingly there's lack of traction and coming around the edge of the tackles he usually slips.
    -The Giants defense is just as unclutch as the Cowboys defense.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]Things that favor the Cowboys.

-Run game should be important, and although the Giants run game has come on a bit strong, I'd say the Cowboys are still better at running the ball and stopping the run.
    -The Giants aren't very good at home. 3-4 And the 3 wins they have honestly weren't the most impressive wins (although the most impressive win came last week).
    -DeMarcus Ware and the pass rush. Ware's back to being healthy now. To add to that, DeMarcus Ware has 13 of his 18 sacks on the road. I attribute it to the turf at Cowboys Stadium. His speed rush suffers because seemingly there's lack of traction and coming around the edge of the tackles he usually slips.

[/quote]

Fair points, as you usually have.

Counterpoint---Things that favor Giants:

-Eli
    -Healthy Osi
    -Healthy Tuck
    -Cowboys have a league monster in Ware, true, but
    -Giants have JPP, Tuck, Osi
    -Eli
    -Prince won't be solo on Austin, like last game v Cowboys
    -Bradshaw for 4 qtrs, not just 2, this game
    -And, did I say ELI?

-Everything you've stated. The Cowboys play better without expectations.</P>

No reason for them to be expected to win this game.
    -Run game should be important, and although the Giants run game has come on a bit strong, I'd say the Cowboys are still better at running the ball and stopping the run.</P>

Running game was strong with Murray, he is gone, what happen to your run game last week?</P>

</P>

Haven't taken advantage of the Home Field, but this will win will put them at 500 for 2011.</P>

</P>

Giants seem to be able to protect Eli well enough agains the boys, Ware can't do it himself and don't see any big surprises from anyone else the Boys have this weekend, Ratliff has been tweaked and not been himself, that is where the Boys fall way short, nothing up the middle.</P>

</P>

Hope to see a more agressive style of defense we saw against the Jets to keep Romo out of sync, if you let him plant and throw he is tough to stop, need Canty and Joseph to push the middle.

[/quote]</P>

So overall all NFC games are nail biters, but who do you want with the ball Eli or Romo, who do you want to kick the game winner if it comes down to it Tynes, or that kid the Cowboys have?</P>

See you all at 11:15 on Sunday Night, Go Giants</P>
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="Rustler"]Why will the Cowboys win this game? Because they can't. Romo hurt. No defense. Lost 3 of last 4 games including blowing it against Giants a couple of weeks ago. Playing against the Giants in their stadium. About every media person in Dallas already counting the final game as a loss.

But does it really make much difference for either the Giants or the Cowboys to win? Not much, unless you count bragging rights as NFC East champion. Just gives the winner the opportunity to get embarrassed by either the Packers or the Saints (if somehow they can even make it past Detroit).[/quote]

Romo's not hurt and their defense is significantly better than the Giants' is.

That said, the fact that every media head has already announced the GIants as winning is worrisome as is the GIants' recent history in these types of games. Plus the GIants suck at home and on national TV.

it'll be close, I think it will be low scoring (due mostly to offensive ineptitude, not good defense) and it'll be a one score differential.

The Giants are good enough to win this game but everybody (including the coaches) needs to show up and play well.

That kid dallas has? You know we have a different kicker than years past, right? At one point this season bailey hit 24 straight field goals including three game winners. I'd rather have bailey than tynes, easy.

Bench Player

I take it back....this game is suddenly starting to matter a LOT to me (at least in my Fantasy League).

To give you an idea, I had Drew Brees, Mark Stafford, Jordy Nelson, Rob Gronkoski on my team and they racked up huge points. Baltimore still playing with Ray Rice/defense on my team. That leaves Felix Jones, Victor Cruz, Dan Bailey - if they put in halfway-decent performances I could end up with season-high points and win $1K.

Go Cruz...Go Jones!! (and let Bailey kick a couple of 50yd field goals to boot)

Veteran

[quote user="Rustler"]Why will the Cowboys win this game? Because they can't. Romo hurt. No defense. Lost 3 of last 4 games including blowing it against Giants a couple of weeks ago. Playing against the Giants in their stadium. About every media person in Dallas already counting the final game as a loss.

[/quote]

This makes no sense at all. Obviously they might win, but this whole idea of "They have everything working against them so they'll win" is the most ***-backwards thinking I've ever heard.

Veteran

[/quote]</P>

If all that were true youd have good points, but heres the thing, ware has still been limited and isnt really 100%, Felix Jones is not 100%, sammy morris has been with the team like what? 2 weeks? Romo is banged up, the cold and the bruising could make it hard to make the throws he can normally make. With the cold and wind and all, the cowboys will have to rely heavy on witten and a beat up run game. I think one of your starting OLine is out too right? A guard? We have some very healthy pretty good DL...and tuck is back to form.</P>

The giants have a healthy eli, a healthy mario and a capable nicks, i am not sure how you can credit the cowboys run game being better this game when you are missing and OG, your actual starting runningback and your change up back just got back in the nfl two weeks ago, and we have a healthy AB, BJ and finally a healthy OL. Oh and did i mention the hynoski.</P>

to me, the giants should, SHOULD own this game from start to finish and really pull away once the wear n tear of the elements begin to wear down your qb and rb and OL. Our pass rush should be alive and well, and with JPP and tuck in the game i am not at all worried about your run game they will sniff that out.</P>

your Ol wont last 3 qtrs maybe 2 but they will wear down with so many healthy strong DL rotating out.</P>

</P>

This is the way I see it, BUT, BUT, the giants always find a way to keep a team in the game even if it looks like they should have an easy time with them.</P>

To me, with the cowboys walking wounded notably on O and the giants healthy Def line, notably tuck and JPP, canty and L.Joseph....seems like the giants should win that battle all night. thats why i think romo will be on the run and wont have time to get off many deep balls.</P>

but again, i never know because if the giants were playing a highschool football team it would come down to the wire and eli would likely have to win it in the 4th because we play to our oppenents level week after week. cept the time we layed down for the saints.</P>

+ Reply to Thread