+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kraft got his SB ring STOLEN!! Incredible story.

Bench Player

Kraft got his SB ring STOLEN!! Incredible story.

I thought this was a joke. Sort of like an April Fools article. But as far as I can tell, this actually happened. Amazing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-ring-was-gift

Classic gift-claimed-stolen story from Kraft who hasn't gotten another SB ring since.
    "Was the ring a gift? Kraft released a statement in 2005 that said the ring was a gift. However, Kraft said he only released the statement because the White House asked him to in an effort to avoid an international incident."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...uper-bowl-ring

Putin will probably return it to him since a spygate superbowl ring has no sentimental value in Russia.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 06-16-2013 at 02:49 PM.

ESPN has been reporting this as a joke. it just sounds too bizarre that a head-of-state would embarrass himself and take something that wasn't his.

Sentimental value in Russia? The ring is worth 50k.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    ESPN has been reporting this as a joke. it just sounds too bizarre that a head-of-state would embarrass himself and take something that wasn't his.
    You must not be familiar with Putin. He's done many publicity stunts to which he is not embarrassed of.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 06-16-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Sentimental value in Russia? The ring is worth 50k.
    What's 50K to Putin? He could start a camp fire with that paper cash. lol...

If it starts getting blown out of proportion, he'll just give it back to keep good international relations with the US, which is worth a whole lot more in many senses than a tarnished Patriots superbowl ring.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 06-16-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Why is Kraft even making a big deal over this. I'm sure he had another one made for him.

Putin's camp says the ring was a gift, and a Kraft spokesperson seems to confirm it:

Putin arrived in London on Sunday to meet with British Prime Minister David Cameron, and Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, was asked about the Post story.

"Back in 2005 I stood behind the president's back and I saw how that ring was presented to him. All that talk about some kind of pressure that was exerted on him (Kraft) should be the subject of a detailed talk with psychoanalysts, I think,"

Peskov told The Associated Press. "At the same time, I am aware that this gentleman (Kraft) is feeling such a horrible pain about the 2005 loss," Peskov said. "The president will be ready to send him another ring as a gift, which he (Putin) can buy with his own money."

Stacey James, a spokesperson for the Kraft Group, the holding company for Kraft's business ventures, including the Patriots, said Sunday that the Post article shouldn't be taken too seriously.

"It's a humorous, anecdotal story that Robert retells for laughs," James said in a statement. "He loves that his ring is at the Kremlin, and, as he stated back in 2005, he continues to have great respect for Russia and the leadership of President Putin. In particular, he credits President Putin for modernizing the Russian economy. "
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...-gift-19416512

+ Reply to Thread