+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Roster Breakdown: Prince Amukamara

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/17...ince-amukamara

Excerpt: "The second player we will feature in our breakdown of the entire 90-man roster for the New York Giants is third-year cornerback Prince Amukamara. We featured Amukamara over the weekend and we know his goals are to become "the number one corner on this team" and eventually "the number one corner in the whole league."

Can he get there? Let's take a brief look.

2012 Season In Review

Amukamara played well in 2012, establishing that he is at least a capable starting cornerback in the NFL and despite his deference to Corey Webster showing that he is the best cornerback the Giants have. Quarterbacks had only a 74.5 passer rating while targeting Amukamara 63 times in 13 games. He missed three games with leg injuries after playing only nine games as a rookie due to a broken foot. Overall, though, Amukamara's Pro Football Focus grade was a pedestrian +0.5.Amukamara had seven passes defensed, and 25 cornerbacks had more. He also had only interception.

[Giants expecting better play out of Amukamara - NYPOST.com]" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I don't ever expect Prince to have that many pass breakups and interceptions. Ball skills was never really his strongpoint, and I don't think it'll improve that much. I still don't think this request for more turnovers and "cornerback attitude" should discount him from possibly being a premiere NFL corner.

So you have to have interceptions and an attitude to be a good CB? lol...

That's what's listed in the article for Amukamara to take the next step.

Amukamara seems to have the physical skills to be a top flight corner. Does he have the swag, the attitude, the confidence to be a dominant shut down corner? Can he increase the number of turnovers he generates?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I don't ever expect Prince to have that many pass breakups and interceptions. Ball skills was never really his strongpoint, and I don't think it'll improve that much. I still don't think this request for more turnovers and "cornerback attitude" should discount him from possibly being a premiere NFL corner.
    Indeed. I could care less how many break ups he has. I just need to him to cover his man. I thought his efforts last year were good. He was rarely out of position.