+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    His statistics were average.
    Nope. In every full season that Brady has played, his passing yards and touchdowns have been in the top ten (only once out of the top seven), and because he has never thrown more than fourteen picks in a single season, I'd venture (because I haven't checked it out) to say that, too, is also top ten among full season passers.

    "The word average doesn't apply to Tom Brady." -Me, Brady Nut-Hugger

  2. #22
    I really think the Giants were not battle ready last year........they won on talent alone...not desire

    This year, with the SB a possible home game, they will play with desire and get back to Championship form......only injuries can stop them

  3. #23
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,283
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Nope. In every full season that Brady has played, his passing yards and touchdowns have been in the top ten (only once out of the top seven), and because he has never thrown more than fourteen picks in a single season, I'd venture (because I haven't checked it out) to say that, too, is also top ten among full season passers. "The word average doesn't apply to Tom Brady." -Me, Brady Nut-Hugger
    He averaged like 3,000 yards and some change. I guess back then it wasn't average, but it's sure average nowadays. Same with TD's. If you look at the statistics, most of the guys had around 3,000 yards and 20ish touchdowns, with the exception of Peyton Manning. So you're right, back then it wasn't average.

  4. #24
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He averaged like 3,000 yards and some change. I guess back then it wasn't average, but it's sure average nowadays. Same with TD's. If you look at the statistics, most of the guys had around 3,000 yards and 20ish touchdowns, with the exception of Peyton Manning. So you're right, back then it wasn't average.
    Yeah, consistently throwing for 3500 yards was a pretty big deal ten years ago. Now, not so much. But Brady has always been the best, or among the best, at his position.

    He's awesome.

  5. #25
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,283
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah, consistently throwing for 3500 yards was a pretty big deal ten years ago. Now, not so much. But Brady has always been the best, or among the best, at his position. He's awesome.
    He is awesome, yes...at quarterback.

  6. #26
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He is awesome, yes...at quarterback.



    Oh. Yes. Right.... At QB.

  7. #27

  8. #28
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,283
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Oh. Yes. Right.... At QB.
    Ya

  9. #29
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Is that Rudy and I dueling?

  10. #30
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,334
    I'd love to see the G-Men back, but I see us as another 9-7 team in a division that is only getting more competitive.

    Houston v. Green Bay......Green Bay wins.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts