+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the NFC East over hyped??

Is the NFC East over hyped??

According to the NFL network it is...but I would argue they beat up each other every year. I expect the same to happen in the NFC west which they are proclaiming to be the best division in football. I still think the NFC east is the toughest division.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    According to the NFL network it is...but I would argue they beat up each other every year. I expect the same to happen in the NFC west which they are proclaiming to be the best division in football. I still think the NFC east is the toughest division.
    Toughest in a sense that all of the teams are equally mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Toughest in a sense that all of the teams are equally mediocre.
    Yeah the 2 sb in the last 5 years from the division real mediocre.What has the NFC west done?? I'll argue that the North is better or South. I'm not sold on the West yet.

Yeah the 2 sb in the last 5 years from the division real mediocre.What has the NFC west done?? I'll argue that the North is better or South. I'm not sold on the West yet.
    True, we won 2, but we weren't exactly playing like gang busters until we got hot at the end. The other divisions at least have fielded really good teams. The last "dominant" team that was fielded from the NFC East was our 2008 squad. Other then that, it was years full of 9-7 and 10-6's. Heck, the skins won the division last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    True, we won 2, but we weren't exactly playing like gang busters until we got hot at the end. The other divisions at least have fielded really good teams. The last "dominant" team that was fielded from the NFC East was our 2008 squad. Other then that, it was years full of 9-7 and 10-6's. Heck, the skins won the division last year.
    The NFC North has just been GB for a long time now. Is there another team in that division that scares you? In the South and the Falcons were good last year but the only team that scares me in that division is the Saints. We've beaten the 49ers twice and they were crap for years before that. Seattle caught everyone by surprise.

You saying the Skins won the division last is kinda of understating what they did. They won 7 games in a row. I hate their fanbase and qb as well but 7 games in a row is nothing to sneeze at.

Veteran
    I don't know if my response is even an answer to this question, but we play in by far the most balanced division in football. Every one of the 4 teams are usually more than capable of 8-10 wins a year. We don't have any teams that routinely go 2-14, or 4-12 every year. Last place in the division seems to be a 6 win team more times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I don't know if my response is even an answer to this question, but we play in by far the most balanced division in football. Every one of the 4 teams are usually more than capable of 8-10 wins a year. We don't have any teams that routinely go 2-14, or 4-12 every year. Last place in the division seems to be a 6 win team more times than not.
    It's kind of riding the fence answer but I'll take it.

Veteran
    It's kind of riding the fence answer but I'll take it.
    I know but it's a tough question to answer.

I mean the Giants for example, likely have many of their toughest games in their own division every year while a team like the Patriots are pretty much gifted with 6 free wins every season. It's all relative I guess. A Patriots team w/ 12 wins isn't exactly impressive anymore when you look at who their in house competition is, while a 12 win Giant team is likely very, very, very good.

Bench Player
    In the NFC east a 2-3 game losing streak will end any playoff run while in any other division it will mean a lower seeding, it is the toughest division until the Eagles fell apart it was the only division where all four teams had a chance at a playoff spot and sometimes it took one play in a game to decide who was in and who ws out of the playoffs

I'll say this: You generally have an idea of who is winning the division in all thr othet conferences BUT the NFC East. That can be looked at as a good or bad thing. They aren't saying wr wre "bad" just overhyped, and I have to agree. If you look at the teams records the last couple of years, they are very pedestrian.
    Uh..go Giants?

+ Reply to Thread