+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Bits: WR Rueben Randle

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6263

Excerpt: "Randle, the second-round draft pick from a year ago, will go into training camp this summer competing for the third receiver role with veteran and newcomer Louis Murphy. While his rookie season had its ups and downs – Randle started to show flashes of being a receiving threat once the punt return duties were removed from his plate, he’s looking to build on a solid finish. Recently, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride praised Randle, saying that the second-year receiver has earned the right to play more.

Q: Coach Coughlin has said that this spring has been a big opportunity for the young receivers to step up. What are your thoughts about the circumstances and how you’ve responded to them?
    A: I feel pretty good. I just want to go out there and make plays, make an impression, let the guys know that I’m ready to step up and make more plays this year.

Q: You’re going into your second year. How important is it to you to contribute on the offense this season?
    A: I think it’s a collective thing. We’ve all gotta band together and get the job done. I don’t think they’re really going to rely on one person. For me, they wanted me to come in and make an impact – that’ why they drafted me. So I’ve just gotta go out there and do my job, do it to the best of my abilities.

Q: How different are you as a player from a year ago?
    A: I’m a lot more confident in what I do. I see a lot of things that I did wrong. Going out there and making more plays, understanding the offense and more on the same page with Eli (Manning). I’m a more mature player than I was last year, so I’m looking forward to taking a leap this year (by) getting more trust from the coaches, and going out there and getting more reps so I can show my ability more." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

(1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Joel Bitonio, OL Nevada - (3)CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Khairi Fortt, LB California
    (6)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford

I think he can definitely have Manningham type #'s this yr. 600 rec yds. 5 TDs

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I think he can definitely have Manningham type #'s this yr. 600 rec yds. 5 TDs
    yet to see if he can be like MM was and make HUGE plays when called upon. Also it wouldnt hurt if he had some of that breakaway speed that nicks and cruz have that turn 5 or 10 yard plays into 60/70 yard foot races to the endzone
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Rueben randle ran 4.55 40 time
    hakeem nicks ran 4.51

This kid will make us forget about Cruz really fast...

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    This kid will make us forget about Cruz really fast...
    How's that? He's Nicks replacement on the outside.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How's that? He's Nicks replacement on the outside.
    No he's not. He was Manningham's replacement for the 3rd wideout.
    Uh..go Giants?

Yea but he isn't a slot receiver... He is an outside receiver like nicks and his skill set is very similar to nicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    No he's not. He was Manningham's replacement for the 3rd wideout.
    Point being he's an outside receiver, not a slot guy. His skillset more closely matches Nicks', not Cruz'