http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6263

Excerpt: "Randle, the second-round draft pick from a year ago, will go into training camp this summer competing for the third receiver role with veteran and newcomer Louis Murphy. While his rookie season had its ups and downs – Randle started to show flashes of being a receiving threat once the punt return duties were removed from his plate, he’s looking to build on a solid finish. Recently, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride praised Randle, saying that the second-year receiver has earned the right to play more.

Q: Coach Coughlin has said that this spring has been a big opportunity for the young receivers to step up. What are your thoughts about the circumstances and how you’ve responded to them?
A: I feel pretty good. I just want to go out there and make plays, make an impression, let the guys know that I’m ready to step up and make more plays this year.

Q: You’re going into your second year. How important is it to you to contribute on the offense this season?
A: I think it’s a collective thing. We’ve all gotta band together and get the job done. I don’t think they’re really going to rely on one person. For me, they wanted me to come in and make an impact – that’ why they drafted me. So I’ve just gotta go out there and do my job, do it to the best of my abilities.

Q: How different are you as a player from a year ago?
A: I’m a lot more confident in what I do. I see a lot of things that I did wrong. Going out there and making more plays, understanding the offense and more on the same page with Eli (Manning). I’m a more mature player than I was last year, so I’m looking forward to taking a leap this year (by) getting more trust from the coaches, and going out there and getting more reps so I can show my ability more." Read more...