+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blog Bits: WR Rueben Randle

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    This kid will make us forget about Cruz really fast...
    He doesn't have the slot skills (too big physically and not quick like the top slots). He will challenge Nick (if anyone) and he's got a long way to even dream of that. Still, I see him as a strong 3/4 receiver for us this year.
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    always good to see a young player make a "consistent" impact. I hope he does.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

If Cruz signs a long term deal and Randle steps up this year, Nicks will be gone next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    If Cruz signs a long term deal and Randle steps up this year, Nicks will be gone next year.
    this is possible

I get it. Will miss his slot and playmaking abilities if he goes and he'll have to be replaced for me to forget about him. He does make plays on the outside too

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Idk man, Nicks just turned 25 & if healthy is one of the Top WR's in the game.....Him staying healthy this season will be a big part of being able to keep him or not....
    Bright side of this situation is, we'll have Cruz playing balls to the wall for a new deal next year, randle trying ot prove himself & if nicks is healthy we'll have 3 monster WR's

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    He doesn't have the slot skills (too big physically and not quick like the top slots). He will challenge Nick (if anyone) and he's got a long way to even dream of that. Still, I see him as a strong 3/4 receiver for us this year.
    If he's better than Manningham - I would consider him a great number 3.

if Randle can play close to the level he played the last coupla games last year he will certainly be an impact in the offense.

he should have a ton of opportunities to get the job done.

This trio has the talent to get a thousand yards each this year. Add in a few hundred each for Murphy, Myers and the Backs...
    Eli could really have a huge year..
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

but giantcolumbia makes a valid point even if it was achieved with a questionable point. u mean to tell me that if randle were to come out and boss hog it, that we'd keep cruz over nicks?

i'd bet in that instance, we'd keep nicks and randle. theres more value with outside wr's for 1. and 2, the economics of it. Yeah, RR isnt by definition a slot WR. but he absolutely could prove to be as important to the offense, or at least show the potential to be as important to the offense as Cruz. And in that case, I feel we would let Cruz go. If RR were to beast mode it, it owuldnt mean we'd want to suddenly get rid of Nicks. it'd mean we could have a higher quality of a set of WRs and for cheaper with Nicks n RR...

With the whole "cruz/nicks and who do we keep issue" it isnt really relevant about RR being better, its really about whose better long term for our offense between nicks n cruz...RR becomin the wr i envision is the additional/supplemental talent to whoever we keep between nicks/cruz
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 06-21-2013 at 01:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread