+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Steve Weatherford Rips Ex Jets' Assistant Mike Westhoff

I wasn't that keen on him when he got here, but I honestly think last season he did better than Feagles ever did with the Giants.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    I wasn't that keen on him when he got here, but I honestly think last season he did better than Feagles ever did with the Giants.
    dont be prisoner to the moment. feagles was the absolute best at directional kicking. he, if im not mistaken was actually a distance kicker at first. he spent a ton of time working on his craft and really was boss at it. he could switch field positioning with a booming punt, or pooch it perfectly downing it inside the 10. iirc, he was always among the best at it in the league

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    dont be prisoner to the moment. feagles was the absolute best at directional kicking. he, if im not mistaken was actually a distance kicker at first. he spent a ton of time working on his craft and really was boss at it. he could switch field positioning with a booming punt, or pooch it perfectly downing it inside the 10. iirc, he was always among the best at it in the league
    We can still agree that hes miles better than dodge... Both feagles and weatherford would be hof locks if the hof regarded pointers the way our FO does: as important contributors to the team

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Sorry but I disagree with this. Feagles would drop some coffin kicks that would just make me say...dam!

I think Feagles was the best pooch kicker the giants may have ever had.

Veteran
    Feagles is/was the Mariano Rivera of punters!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Westhoff took an unkind shot at Weatherford when he signed with the Giants. Payback is a *****
    Westhoff is part of that Jets culture that takes shots at former players and even current players through unnamed sources. How tough would it have been for Westhoff to say "we wish Steve all the best and thank him for his contributions to the Jets during his time here?" That is what just about every coach and team would say about a guy they chose not to re-sign. Instead Westhoff says (my paraphrase) he didn't have what it takes to be a Jet and was particularly poor in big moments. What an incredibly unclassy guy he is. He sure did have him some swagger though (like all of Rex' entourage).
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    What did he say?
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/9/9/...ve-weatherford
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Westhoff is part of that Jets culture that takes shots at former players and even current players through unnamed sources. How tough would it have been for Westhoff to say "we wish Steve all the best and thank him for his contributions to the Jets during his time here?" That is what just about every coach and team would say about a guy they chose not to re-sign. Instead Westhoff says (my paraphrase) he didn't have what it takes to be a Jet and was particularly poor in big moments. What an incredibly unclassy guy he is. He sure did have him some swagger though (like all of Rex' entourage).
    I remember wondering why a former coach would rag on a former player, but then also remembered he was with the lowest class organization in the NFL
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

.........thanks for this RF. Again, while most would simply say we wish him the best and chose to move in a different direction, Westhoff in typical Jets coaching fashion had to take the cheap shot when the cheap shot wasn't necessary or called for.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread