Closed Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: strange confidence in Eli going into the season

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Well...I so far have seen on the field 2 SB MVP awards given to Eli. I'm sure Joe saw that, too. I believe you are watching but are intensely looking for the bad and shrugging off the good to just "luck". At least that's the way it appears.
    Oh My God!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh My God!
    That's all you got?

That's all you got?
    It is rare that I'm speechless. But between the sins of the south suggestion and "I'm looking only for the bad" crap. I don't have much to say that would not get me banned.

I'm just going to assume you're having a bad day and are otherwise a normal human being.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Does Phil Simms have an agenda?
    Hell yes!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It is rare that I'm speechless. But between the sins of the south suggestion and "I'm looking only for the bad" crap. I don't have much to say that would not get me banned.

I'm just going to assume you're having a bad day and are otherwise a normal human being.
    Well...if compared to you I might be thought of as normal. I don't live here and have over 30K posts...so I don't know whether that makes me normal or abnormal. This is something I usually only do in the morning, and then I go shower, and then go live the rest of the day off the board. What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    It is odd this off season i feel calm about Eli manning and what he will do. no its not about cruz staying for a year at least. nor nicks. its just while he isnt going to put up mvp numbers. he seems consistently inconsistent. What I mean is he will give you a good season. I guess its time i appreciated that.

I personally dont think he is a HOFer, or even a top 5 QB (maybe he is). But at least he isnt a bobo. and for that im thankful.

Apparently both you and Eli shared that joint

Explain the comebacks man!?

I'm not an Eli man-lover but the dude's pretty damn good. Not a top 5? You're just stirring the pot...everyone move along

I think a couple of things factor in to peoples perception of Eli. For Giant fans, its familiarity. We see him all of the time and critique every move he makes. There isn't a QB in the NFL, past or present, who hasn't, at times, looked terrible. This includes Tom Terrific, Joe Montana, John Elway etc... For non-Giant fans, its a combo of "he isn't as good as Peyton" syndrome and Eli's inherent goofiness. Eli being as good as Peyton may or may not be valid. As far as goofy, he may be, but he is also a tough SOB.
    I'll take a guy like Eli on my team any day of the week.

Well...if compared to you I might be thought of as normal. I don't live here and have over 30K posts...so I don't know whether that makes me normal or abnormal. This is something I usually only do in the morning, and then I go shower, and then go live the rest of the day off the board. What about you?

Funny how you guys take the OP's bait hook, line and sinker every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    It is odd this off season i feel calm about Eli manning and what he will do. no its not about cruz staying for a year at least. nor nicks. its just while he isnt going to put up mvp numbers. he seems consistently inconsistent. What I mean is he will give you a good season. I guess its time i appreciated that.

I personally dont think he is a HOFer, or even a top 5 QB (maybe he is). But at least he isnt a bobo. and for that im thankful.

classic picture of Eli smoking a bone..

Closed Thread