Closed Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: strange confidence in Eli going into the season

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Brees...Peyton....your Boy Joe Willy......Simms..... all great to yuo with one SB win.....
    I understand what you are saying but the bottom line out weights the inconsistency
    Its not a matter of one outweighing the other. I am actually very happy in general with my QB. But he still drives me nuts with the up and down thing.
    Using the word "inconsistent" isn't really accurate. Its more Jekyll and Hyde. Its "which Eli is going to show up today?".

And Eli is the QB of my team...so he is much more "my boy' Than any Jets QB could ever be.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its not a matter of one outweighing the other. I am actually very happy in general with my QB. But he still drives me nuts with the up and down thing.
    Using the word "inconsistent" isn't really accurate. Its more Jekyll and Hyde. Its "which Eli is going to show up today?".

And Eli is the QB of my team...so he is much more "my boy' Than any Jets QB could ever be.
    sometimes his inconsistency can be from half to half....how many times has he looked like a poor high school Qb in the first half and then led a 4th quarter comeback?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    sometimes his inconsistency can be from half to half....how many times has he looked like a poor high school Qb in the first half and then led a 4th quarter comeback?
    i.e the Rams game from last year. I think it was game 2.

Like Tampa last year.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    i.e the Rams game from last year. I think it was game 2.
    Every one loves to point out Eli's clutch games.... I am not arguing....but about half of those games... a comeback wouldn't have been needed If he had just been adequate in the first half
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Every one loves to point out Eli's clutch games.... I am not arguing....but about half of those games... a comeback wouldn't have been needed If he had just been adequate in the first half
    Look at the Washington game at home last year. He played very poorly in that game but Cruz beat his man and all is forgiven. Some of his decisions in that game were friggin head scratchers.
    Get well soon 80.

I do look at the results. I see great play and horrific play in the same guy. We won 2 SB's and that's a great result. But its not the only story with Eli. It is usually different with other QB's, because those who win multiple SB's are usually great all the time.
    Its just not the case with Eli. So much up and down.
    This is why, even experts can't agree on Eli.
    Whens the last time hes been "horrific"? When you say that, I think of Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Well...if compared to you I might be thought of as normal. I don't live here and have over 30K posts...so I don't know whether that makes me normal or abnormal. This is something I usually only do in the morning, and then I go shower, and then go live the rest of the day off the board. What about you?
    he technically does it while getting paid...

advantage moorehead
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro
    There are very few if any NFL QB's who have had as much consistency in his system and coaching staff.
    He's had the same HC for his entire career and the same OC for almost his entire career.
    Try being Alex Smith who is now playing in his 5th or so system.
    So that game was all on Eli ?

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I still think Rivers is a better QB if you don't factor in his fumbling problem.
    Rivers? lol

Rivers blows
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Closed Thread