Closed Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: strange confidence in Eli going into the season

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    im talking about whose better player. However u want to dice it. Cutler has done ALOT with the worst line in the past twenty years and probably equally talents receiver core pre-marshall.
    True.

I honestly think Cutler is more inconsistent than Eli. Just my opinion.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

besides the obvious top 5, i'd take Flacco, Dalton, Luck, Romo, Vick, Cutler, Stafford, RG3, Ryan, Cam, Kaepernick, and Wilson all over Rivers going into this year

forgot Ben

I'd say borderline about Vick and Romo... but I would solidly take every other guy over him.
    Cam, Wilson, Kap, and RG3 haven't been doing it long enough to get a vote over a QB that over 9 years has a higher QB rating than Eli and that is with his 67 fumbles.

Romo is even less clutch than Rivers, but on paper and when you see him play he's better than Eli except when it counts the most. In quarters one through three Romo is, dare I say, elite.

You can make a legitimate argument for Stafford and Ryan being better than Rivers.

Vick...c'mon. Cutler gambles too much.

I like what I see out of Dalton. Haven't watched him enough and compared him to Rivers.

Rivers will have a good year this year with no real star at WR and an aging Gates. In terms of pure throwing ability he's better than Eli, fortunately for us it takes more than throwing ability to make a GREAT QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    True.

I honestly think Cutler is more inconsistent than Eli. Just my opinion.
    . Bdef is, but there were a lot of contributing factors to that. There are def a few that are debatable on that list, but I think its safe to say Rivers isn't in the top 10 around the league anymore.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Cam, Wilson, Kap, and RG3 haven't been doing it long enough to get a vote over a QB that over 9 years has a higher QB rating than Eli and that is with his 67 fumbles.

Romo is even less clutch than Rivers, but on paper and when you see him play he's better than Eli except when it counts the most. In quarters one through three Romo is, dare I say, elite.

You can make a legitimate argument for Stafford and Ryan being better than Rivers.

Vick...c'mon. Cutler gambles too much.

I like what I see out of Dalton. Haven't watched him enough and compared him to Rivers.

Rivers will have a good year this year with no real star at WR and an aging Gates. In terms of pure throwing ability he's better than Eli, fortunately for us it takes more than throwing ability to make a GREAT QB.
    You act like Rivers is elite or something. Guys has been degressing for the past 3 years. He is awful to watch. Get the 2008 Rivers out of your head. He peeked one year with yards and then has been brutal
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

. Bdef is, but there were a lot of contributing factors to that. There are def a few that are debatable on that list, but I think its safe to say Rivers isn't in the top 10 around the league anymore.
    You are probably right about Rivers but I have a feeling he's going to have a resurgence this season with a new coaching staff and system.
    That was a toxic situation in SD.
    Get well soon 80.

im talking about whose better player. However u want to dice it. Cutler has done ALOT with the worst line in the past twenty years and probably equally talents receiver core pre-marshall.
    No way. Tubby built that team to win with defense first then he kicked up the offense. For most of the time Tubby was there they were defense first. I do agree he's had some of the worst lines ever and until Marshall not much to throw to. He may have the best arm in the league, but he makes awful decisions. He's gotten better the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I do look at the results. I see great play and horrific play in the same guy. We won 2 SB's and that's a great result. But its not the only story with Eli. It is usually different with other QB's, because those who win multiple SB's are usually great all the time.
    Its just not the case with Eli. So much up and down.
    This is why, even experts can't agree on Eli.
    A lot of the experts are starting to give Eli more credit. How often do we see the other QB's play. We mostly see their highlights. The last few times against us Rodgers and Brady haven't looked so great.

You act like Rivers is elite or something. Guys has been degressing for the past 3 years. He is awful to watch. Get the 2008 Rivers out of your head. He peeked one year with yards and then has been brutal
    He's had two off years. Last year him and Eli had identical stats just about and last year was one of his 2 off years.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are probably right about Rivers but I have a feeling he's going to have a resurgence this season with a new coaching staff and system.
    That was a toxic situation in SD.
    He's got a bad Oline. I think he'll be better too.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yeah...most great QBs come from crappy teams.......
    some great QB's have made some would be crappy teams look better example colts

Closed Thread