Closed Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: strange confidence in Eli going into the season

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Whenever possible.....yes.
    It's just sad. A poster starts a thread that he knows full well will start a fire storm, simply saying he has faith in our QB going in to the season, and it goes 22 pages in 6 hours. Yet an all time Giant passes away today and that thread has 6 posts...

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    It's just sad. A poster starts a thread that he knows full well will start a fire storm, simply saying he has faith in our QB going in to the season, and it goes 22 pages in 6 hours. Yet an all time Giant passes away today and that thread has 6 posts...
    It has always been that way, it's a phenomenon I have never understood. No controversy = no interest.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    It is odd this off season i feel calm about Eli manning and what he will do. no its not about cruz staying for a year at least. nor nicks. its just while he isnt going to put up mvp numbers. he seems consistently inconsistent. What I mean is he will give you a good season. I guess its time i appreciated that.

I personally dont think he is a HOFer, or even a top 5 QB (maybe he is). But at least he isnt a bobo. and for that im thankful.

Doesn't sound like you have confidence in him...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Who cares where he ranks? top 5, top 10, better than Phil, not better than Phil. elite, not elite. Who cares. I can't believe a bunch of grown men and women haven't gotten tire of this argument yet.

The bottom line is there are a handful of NFL teams that have a QB that can pass their team to the SB. And have one of those QB's. So call him what you want, and rank him wherever you want to rank him. Who cares.
    i think you misunderstand many of us dont care where he ranks either.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

We all like talking about our team.
    You don't like sports arguments? Why are you on the MB then?
    lol so now they dont like me saying i feel good about Eli going into this season. geez i can't win
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i think you misunderstand many of us dont care where he ranks either.
    Nice way of spinning your agenda. We all know you are stirring the pot. You never stated why you have confidence in him. All you did is say why he's not a HOFer, how he inconsistent, and not a top 5 qb.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 06-19-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Rivers certainly has been a shadow of his former self, but seriously? You're just ragging on the guy.
    how else can u explain throwing it away on 4th and long when there was coverage? He didnt even attempt to throw it to a target lol. i get dion that on 3rd, but 4th and long on ur last possession when ur down? i dunno that was very very weird.

and, he really does play with stats on his mind it seems like it really does. not necessarily a bad thing at times, he may trying to attain a goal or something, but I've def noticed some precarious situations where his decision has been extremely odd...

I don't see that as helping. Helping is teaching you kid to do the right thing and appreciate the opportunity that most everyone would love to have.
    That's me though.

And I think they are good people as well. I just didn't like this behavior.
    The Manning's seized the opportunity and did what they felt was the right thing for Eli.

In looking back do you think this affects people's perception of Eli and Archie (AL Smith aside)?

and for me, its way different with eli making the mistakes hes made, and learning/progressing seadily over the years as opposed to rivers and this huge regresion. eli has had his share of moronic plays. but thats something thats improving over time, not regressing over time like rivers. if eli were making the mistakes he was making in succession, each on worse than the next, and continually getting worse, i'd say the same thing about eli as i am right now about rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL Eli has no mind of his own? Mom and Dad are to blame?
    I think he just trusted his pops.

Closed Thread