Closed Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Name the years Eli has had bad pass protection. Never! His pass protection has been mediocre at worst. If last year is the worst it's been for Eli, he was the least sacked QB in the league or close to that. Kiper said the number one thing SD needed was Oline help in the draft after last year. If you watched SD last year then you watched Rivers get killed and run for his life all season long. We always had good pass protection, it's the run blocking that has been in decline, but pass protection hasn't been spotty until last year. Like I said last year wasn't that bad relative to other teams struggles. Cutler and Rivers would have killed for last years pass protection that Eli had. You could surmise that Eli is just better at getting rid of the ball quickly, which is in part true, but the line did it's part in pass protection.In 2011 the line was A+++ for the Giants, not so much in SD.
    You can't say that unless you know how many times he was hurried or hit without being sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I will say this in his defense...When you're 21, you are still a kid. He gets a bit of a pass from me. I tend to blame Archie more than Eli.
    U the issue with a father taking care of his son if he sees an opportunity to? Alrighty
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    When Drew Breed had a bad year, full of INT's, you said Drew did not regress.

What was the difference you cited?

As to he draft drama; he was a man and completely responsible, regardless of who advised him.
    Still bothers me about him.

It's a privilege to play in the NFL, and he through he was more privileged than others
    Drew Brees has been a top QB for quite some time. Eli had one of those seasons then dropped back down again.

As to the draft, some might see that if he was a man, he wouldn't have allowed his father to do the talking for him.

Youngest sons are usually not Alphas. Especially with that Dad and those brothers.
    Except me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It has always been that way, it's a phenomenon I have never understood. No controversy = no interest.
    It's a freaking message board lol. They were created for people like moorehead.

A reasonable person could argue that Eli regressed last season.
    Eli absolutely had a down year last year. But the problem wasn't the offense last year.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Rivers is Eli with a higher QBR , a more consistent arm, and worse in the clutch, and no rings.
    Sooooo they pretty much have nothing in common except draft year.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    It's a freaking message board lol. They were created for people like moorehead.
    That's upsetting
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

First off, fumbles don't factor into QB rating.

Second off, you can say what I want about the whole 9 years hes been in the league, but what have u done for me lately? Your lying to yourself if u say u wouldn't take Kapernick, Wilson, or RG3 over rivers going into this year. What rivers did 5 years ago really has nothing to do with the argument at hand. Saying you wouldn't take those guys over Rivers is the equivalent of saying you would t take AJ Green over Anquon Boldin or so etching like that.

Cam is going into his 3rd year. Not only are his throwing numbers pretty comparable to Rivers but obviously his running game completely puts him over the top.

You can't talk numbers to make ur point about Rivers, then back away from it when it comes to Romo. Romo ****s on rivers numbers.

Regardless of if u seen Dalton, you shouldn't even be mentioning him because he was drafted same year as Cam.

You obviously haven't watched Rivers the past few seasons. Chargers have blown and hes been ahead of that.
    I may be off about QBR, but I'm right about Rivers. 2010 was his last great year. Last year he did decent for playing behind a bang up line. If hRivers blew last year then so did Eli because there numbers are identical.

Read what I said about Romo. I said his top 6 on paper, but the games aren't played on paper. He sucks in the clutch. I stand by that.

Dalton's best year is worst than Rivers worst year but that would be an unfair comparison let's compare Rivers first 2 years as a starter to Dalton's first 2 years. He's still better. Next.

Cam even with his rushing TDs in 2012 isn't as good as Rivers last year, in one of his worst years mind you. The numbers don't lie. Cam may get better but so far- NO!

Sooooo they pretty much have nothing in common except draft year.
    They are both top 10 QBs.