+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Pre-anything Draft Wishlist...

2012 Pre-anything Draft Wishlist...

Let me say that I'm assuming we're going to win on Sunday vs the S***boys:

Round 1:
    1. David DeCastro: G-Stanford- DeCastro is a crushing run blocker with a mean streak. IMO he's the best interior OL to enter the draft in a long time. He would start day 1 opposite Snee and immediately upgrade our pathetic running game.

2. Vontaze Burfict: ILB-ASU- I love the idea of "the Punnisher" in the middle of our front 7. If he can a. Cover in the pass game, I'm not sure if he's a 3 down LB and b. knock off the stupid penalties!

3. Dont'a Hightower: ILB-Alabama- Very similar to Burfict, but without the stupid penalties. He's the leader of one of the best college defense I've ever seen!

Round 2:
    1. Dwayne Allen: TE-Clemson- Great all around TE, that would quickly become a favorite target for Eli and improve our run blocking dramatically at the TE position.

2. Lavonte David: OLB- Nebraska- This guy is one of my favorites in this draft... Just watch Nebraska play and listen to how often his name gets called. He makes play after play, all over the field,

3. Zac Brown OLB- UNC- Highly athletic OLB that will blow up the combine! He is also a sneaky good pass rusher from the LB position and also a great coverage LB.

Round 3:
    1. LaMichael James RB- Oregon- Speed, Vision and a big play waiting to happen. Something we don't have in our backfield and haven't for a long time.

2. Sean Spence OLB- Miami- First let me say, "I love LBs from the U!" then I'll qualify this possible pick by saying this is a nice pick, only if they're comfortable with him off the field!

3. Nate Potter T/G- Boise St.- probably not a Day 1 starter, but his ability to play almost every position on the O-line and play them well, creates much more depth on the OL.

If you told me I could choose any 3 player combination of these 9 players today, I would be extatic! My number 1 combination would be:

DeCastro, Allen and Spence

Veteran

Re: 2012 Pre-anything Draft Wishlist...

I like DeCastro but why not just get Carl Nicks in free agency? Now that's an instant upgrade. We need an impact LB right now! see sig

Once again, I dont get the people picking Burfict for us.

I could sit here and tell you that his tape this year wasnt that of a 1st rounder but more of a mid round pick. But, thats subjective and could be argued.

I could tell you that throughout his career his stats are good, but not eye popping. Some people might argue that as well.

But the 1 thing I can say that NOBODY can argue is he has serious character concerns. You can love his play and think the world of his athleticism, but you just cant deny this kid is a trouble maker.

The Giants have always, especially since Goodell's tighting the conduct policy, avoided troublemakers in early rounds. It is a policy I agree with since player conduct has never before effected the outcome of a game as much as it has in recent years with all the penalties and suspensions being handed out to players for bad conduct. Furthermore, players with a lack of self control dont mix well with NYC's nightlife or the media, who like to bait you into saying stuff that gets you in trouble.

Sorry folks, I think there is little chance we pick Burfict.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Once again, I dont get the people picking Burfict for us.

I could sit here and tell you that his tape this year wasnt that of a 1st rounder but more of a mid round pick. But, thats subjective and could be argued.

I could tell you that throughout his career his stats are good, but not eye popping. Some people might argue that as well.

But the 1 thing I can say that NOBODY can argue is he has serious character concerns. You can love his play and think the world of his athleticism, but you just cant deny this kid is a trouble maker.

The Giants have always, especially since Goodell's tighting the conduct policy, avoided* troublemakers in early rounds. It is a policy I agree with since player conduct has never before effected the outcome of a game as much as it has in recent years with all the penalties and suspensions being handed out to players for bad conduct. Furthermore, players with a lack of self control dont mix well with NYC's nightlife or the media, who like to bait you into saying stuff that gets you in trouble.

[/quote]u dont want a defensive play caller that has sub par instincts,freelances,and doesnt listen to the coaches.Whats wrong with u didnt see him point at Matt Barkley

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Once again, I dont get the people picking Burfict for us.

The Giants have always, especially since Goodell's tighting the conduct policy, avoided troublemakers in early rounds. It is a policy I agree with since player conduct has never before effected the outcome of a game as much as it has in recent years with all the penalties and suspensions being handed out to players for bad conduct. Furthermore, players with a lack of self control dont mix well with NYC's nightlife or the media, who like to bait you into saying stuff that gets you in trouble.

[/quote]u dont want a defensive play caller that has sub par instincts,freelances,and doesnt listen to the coaches.Whats wrong with u didnt see him point at Matt Barkley[/quote]

Burfict is one of the most talented linebackers in this class and a rare talent IMO but I wouldn't take him in the 1st. Now if he's there in the 2nd round by some chance, yes I would take him then. I don't care how much of a nut he is or any other character issues, the value would be way too high to pass on him if he's there in the 2nd.

It would really surprise me if Nicks actually makes it to free agency... Brees will obviously be the first priority, but Nicks will be a close second!

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Once again, I dont get the people picking Burfict for us.

[/quote]
    +1

Veteran

[/quote]

so does suh....would you complain if he was on our team?

[quote user="Wes"]

[/quote]

so does suh....would you complain if he was on our team?

[/quote]
    Sure, why wouldn't we? Have you seen what people say about Rolle around here? And he's not even a dirty player

+ Reply to Thread