+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 2012 Pre-anything Draft Wishlist...

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Once again, I dont get the people picking Burfict for us.

I could sit here and tell you that his tape this year wasnt that of a 1st rounder but more of a mid round pick. But, thats subjective and could be argued.

I could tell you that throughout his career his stats are good, but not eye popping. Some people might argue that as well.

But the 1 thing I can say that NOBODY can argue is he has serious character concerns. You can love his play and think the world of his athleticism, but you just cant deny this kid is a trouble maker.

The Giants have always, especially since Goodell's tighting the conduct policy, avoided* troublemakers in early rounds. It is a policy I agree with since player conduct has never before effected the outcome of a game as much as it has in recent years with all the penalties and suspensions being handed out to players for bad conduct. Furthermore, players with a lack of self control dont mix well with NYC's nightlife or the media, who like to bait you into saying stuff that gets you in trouble.

Sorry folks, I think there is little chance we pick Burfict.

[/quote]

I don't disagree with you entirely... I would rather see Luke Kuechley, assuming he's entering the draft, but we'd have to trade up to make that happen. Ultimately I don't see our front office pulling the trigger on a LB in the first round anyway. My first choice would be Johnathon Martin OT- Stanford, but he's going to be a top 10 pick... So IMO DeCastro is a perfect fit and immediate improvement.

As for the LB position, my dream would be for the giants to sign Urlacher who is a free agent this year!

Veteran

[quote user="Wes"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Once again, I dont get the people picking Burfict for us.

I could sit here and tell you that his tape this year wasnt that of a 1st rounder but more of a mid round pick. But, thats subjective and could be argued.

I could tell you that throughout his career his stats are good, but not eye popping. Some people might argue that as well.

But the 1 thing I can say that NOBODY can argue is he has serious character concerns. You can love his play and think the world of his athleticism, but you just cant deny this kid is a trouble maker.

The Giants have always, especially since Goodell's tighting the conduct policy, avoided* troublemakers in early rounds. It is a policy I agree with since player conduct has never before effected the outcome of a game as much as it has in recent years with all the penalties and suspensions being handed out to players for bad conduct. Furthermore, players with a lack of self control dont mix well with NYC's nightlife or the media, who like to bait you into saying stuff that gets you in trouble.

[/quote]

so does suh....would you complain if he was on our team?

[/quote]

not at all. we need a bad *** on our team. above all else we need a freeking linebacker!

Veteran

[quote user="mosoundguy"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Once again, I dont get the people picking Burfict for us.

[/quote]

I don't disagree with you entirely... I would rather see Luke Kuechley, assuming he's entering the draft, but we'd have to trade up to make that happen. Ultimately I don't see our front office pulling the trigger on a LB in the first round anyway. My first choice would be Johnathon Martin OT- Stanford, but he's going to be a top 10 pick... So IMO DeCastro is a perfect fit and immediate improvement.

As for the LB position, my dream would be for the giants to sign Urlacher who is a free agent this year![/quote]

My dream would be to get lofton or tulloch so we don't have to draft a lb early but we'll see.

Veteran

there are 2 LBs id rather have, but burfict is absolutely a first round talent.

with the right coaches and surrounding players he could become an all pro because of his raw ability, but he is still Raw.

hightower is the perfect pick. but no way we get him now

[quote user="Wes"]

there are 2 LBs id rather have, but burfict is absolutely a first round talent.

with the right coaches and surrounding players he could become an all pro because of his raw ability, but he is still Raw.

hightower is the perfect pick.* but no way we get him now

[/quote]

I agree about Hightower and I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen his name more on here!

Veteran

would you take allen in round 1 if say we draft 26-28 range?

i think i would.

id prolly take allen over burfict that dude is a bonified te

Veteran

JR and his guys pick value.

its TCs job to make them players.

i dont know if it will work, but if burfict is there and we draft in the 25-28 range there is a good shot JR would pick him.

[quote user="Wes"]

would you take allen in round 1 if say we draft 26-28 range?

i think i would.

id prolly take allen over burfict that dude is a bonified te

[/quote]

I love Allen, he'd be an enormous upgrade at TE for us! I wouldn't be upset, at this point, with him as our #1 late in round 1.

My wish list

Quinton Coples

Whitney Mercilus

Brandon Thompson

Devon Still

Chase Minniefield

Jeff Fuller

Peter Konz

Cody Glenn

Vontaze Burfict

James Micheal Johnson

Jayrod Hosley

Cliff Harris

Janoris Jenkins

Sam Hill

[quote user="Wes"]

JR and his guys pick value.

its TCs job to make them players.

i dont know if it will work, but if burfict is there and we draft in the 25-28 range there is a good shot JR would pick him.

[/quote]

I would love to see JR select a big time LB... It's pretty amazing what has been accomplished with very minimal talent at the position. I think with our D-Line an explosive, big play LB would thrive!