+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former Giants' Punter Dave Jennngs Dies At 61

Dave was a bright spot for the Giants during a time when we didn't have many.

I remember hearing him on a broadcast years back and mentioned here that he didn't sound right. Sadly I learned that he was ill shortly after.

RIP man, and prayers to your family who lost you way too young.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

I remember hearing him on a broadcast years back and mentioned here that he didn't sound right. Sadly I learned that he was ill shortly after.

So long #13. A great Giant during some of the tough years.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

I remember Pat Summerall calling one of his punts where he hit it like 55 yards and out of bounds, and all he said in the outro was "Jennings has no peers".
    He was definitely the best punter I ever saw wear Giants blue.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I am going to make my comments then go through and see what others said............MY memory of dave Jennings will probably shock some of the younger fans
    I grew up in a time along with several others on here.....when the Giants were possibly one of the worst teams in football

In the 70s when Jennings played it seems odd to say but our PUNTER was one of the highlights of that team......very good player on a very bad team......

rest in peace and our thoughts to his family and the entire giant family
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I am going to make my comments then go through and see what others said............MY memory of dave Jennings will probably shock some of the younger fans
    I grew up in a time along with several others on here.....when the Giants were possibly one of the worst teams in football

In the 70s when Jennings played it seems odd to say but our PUNTER was one of the highlights of that team......very good player on a very bad team......

+1
    No one remembers who came in second.

God Bless Dave Jennings

Sad to see such a great Giant die so young. Prayers are with his family.

Damn sad....

R.I.P., Dave. You were loved by all Giant fans. You made the Swan Dive an art, and we loved your efforts to get us a cheap 1st down.

a little piece of my heart went with him

rest easy #13

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post

+1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread