+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former Giants' Punter Dave Jennngs Dies At 61

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I am going to make my comments then go through and see what others said............MY memory of dave Jennings will probably shock some of the younger fans
    I grew up in a time along with several others on here.....when the Giants were possibly one of the worst teams in football

In the 70s when Jennings played it seems odd to say but our PUNTER was one of the highlights of that team......very good player on a very bad team......

rest in peace and our thoughts to his family and the entire giant family
    I never quite thought of it that way but the reflection is right on. At a time when we were dreadful, the punter was in fact a ray of light for the fans always expecting something marvelous that would change the field around and lengthen the distance that our oponent would have to drive to score yet another TD. One of the really good guys.
    No one remembers who came in second.

great person and even better punter.he Should be in the HoF
    The Gigalo with the most below

Dave Jennings was the Payton Manning of punters. He was always holding the ball on the sideline and ready for the call - which came often given the sorry offenses he tried to bail out. My sense is that he was the best prepared punter ever. Kind of guy who developed his own tricks to break up the monotony of hundreds and thousands of drop kicks over his career. He was the kind of guy who could call a game and have credibility even though he was a punter because he knew the game and he was such a hard worker. I would like to hear what some of his team mates have to say. May god bless you and those who loved you the most.

RIP Dave Jennings......
    thanks for some good in the time of not so good for the NYG and their fans.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by giantfanatic View Post
    Dave Jennings was the Payton Manning of punters. He was always holding the ball on the sideline and ready for the call - which came often given the sorry offenses he tried to bail out. My sense is that he was the best prepared punter ever. Kind of guy who developed his own tricks to break up the monotony of hundreds and thousands of drop kicks over his career. He was the kind of guy who could call a game and have credibility even though he was a punter because he knew the game and he was such a hard worker. I would like to hear what some of his team mates have to say. May god bless you and those who loved you the most.
    You sound like someone who knew Dave better than most and I have a feeling your words are as genuine as his teammates.

My heart is broken, I loved him! He was way to young to leave this life

Starter
    From The St. Lawrence University website:
    http://www.stlawu.edu/athletics/sain...ll/story/12509

Veteran
    He was a true Giant. Excelled at his position and always gave his all. He will be missed. God bless his family in this time of sorrow.

Jennings was a class act, and a great player on some very bad teams.

Sometimes, it was just him and the defense keeping the Giants in games, that's how crappy that offense used to be.

RIP.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    So sad to hear. A very good player on some really bad teams. He was a great Giant, a great punter, and a class act.

May he Rest in Peace

+ Reply to Thread