+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

I think Eli and Tony are pretty chummy

Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs.

Anyone else get that impression?

I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."

Re: I think Eli and Tony are pretty chummy

[quote user="njsean"]Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."[/quote]I don't think it is productive to like the competition inyour work. There are too many other people on the planet to befriend. Why comiserate with someone who wants what you want. There can't be two winners. Any real friendship can/should wait until they retire. Just me.......
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="njsean"]Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."[/quote]I don't think it is productive to like the competition in*your work. There are too many other people on the planet to befriend. Why comiserate with someone who wants what you want. There can't be two winners. Any real friendship can/should wait until they retire. Just me.......[/quote]

I agree with you philosophically, but I've heard it stated that QBs are a strange fraternity. And it's not like other friendships don't exist between the teams. Look at Osi and Ware.

Its just funny because in the same NFL Network show, they later showed Romo defending Eli to somebody about media criticism.

[quote user="njsean"]Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."[/quote]

why does this even matter.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="njsean"]Despite the rivalry between other players and the fans, I really get a sense that Manning and Romo get along pretty well. Considering how often they play each other and being around the same age, I'd wager Eli gets along better with him than most other QBs. Anyone else get that impression? I also saw this clip on NFL Network that showed them talking pre game and Eli joking about he saw a sign reading, "Tony's better looking than Eli."[/quote]

[/quote]

Fodder for discussion. I wasn't aware there were different degrees of consequence or significance regarding topics on the board.

Pardon me and point me in the right direction. Which of the threads here matter? I'll discuss those.

Quarterbacks don't play against each other. The media and fans are the ones that pit them together.

Tony is best friends with everyone. That's his thing.

Does "chummy" mean gay??

[quote user="njsean"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote] Fodder for discussion. I wasn't aware there were different degrees of consequence or significance regarding topics on the board. Pardon me and point me in the right direction. Which of the threads here matter? I'll discuss those.[/quote]

easy Bro......

Discussing the strengths and weaknesses of a team you are about to face is more relevant then to whether Eli and Romo are buddies...

You are right....the board is filled with dopey threads.........

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="Giantsin04"]Tony is best friends with everyone. That's his thing.[/quote]

He does seem to have an affable nature. Let's hope he and JPP get real close tomorrow. I hope they're practically joined at the hip.