+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Roster Breakdown: James Brewer

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    6 foot 6 and 330....damn bro.....get your big *** in gear and **** someone up......
    yea, he sure does look the part..

I hope he's improved from 2012.

When Locklear went down, they decided to go with David Diehl, playing on an injured MCL, rather than go with Brewer.

At 6-6 and 330, maybe it was an issue of getting his technique down.....maybe he was just not yet ready for the pro game as a rookie.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-20-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Agreed, at this stage of his career "good days and bad days" means no good days.
    This will be his third year, what do u mean at this point in his career?? Everyone always says wait till the 3rd years to judge a draft pick, and u are one of the guys on this board who say that

He'll get plenty of chances in preseason to win us over. And if he isn't up to snuff, he won't be on the roster come late August.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    This will be his third year, what do u mean at this point in his career?? Everyone always says wait till the 3rd years to judge a draft pick, and u are one of the guys on this board who say that
    What I mean is that 3 years is too long to have ups and downs in coach speak. They use that with rookies that they are trying to cover. By year 3 "ups and downs" means not so good.
    No one remembers who came in second.

At this point in his career, I think he is more likely to make the roster as a guard then a tackle. Last preseason he did look like he had serious balance issues. Who knows, maybe he will pull a Corey Webster and turn into a good player in his 3rd year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    At this point in his career, I think he is more likely to make the roster as a guard then a tackle. Last preseason he did look like he had serious balance issues. Who knows, maybe he will pull a Corey Webster and turn into a good player in his 3rd year.
    Like you, I hope so but offesnsive linemen with balance issues who tip over like cows are not likely to help us.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Like you, I hope so but offesnsive linemen with balance issues who tip over like cows are not likely to help us.
    I agree. He hasn't shown much promise, especially at tackle. I think they will take a look at him at guard and if they don't like what they see he will find himself unemployed soon. From what I saw he did not have the proper balance and footwork for tackle. 1 thing correctly stated in this article is there are roster spots. We have holes in our guard depth, as well as 2 guards who likely wont be with the team in a year or 2.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 06-20-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree. He hasn't shown much promise, especially at tackle. I think they will take a look at him at guard and if they don't like what they see he will find himself unemployed soon. From what I saw he did not have the proper balance and footwork for tackle. 1 thing correctly stated in this article is there are roster spots. We have holes in our guard depth, as well as 2 guards who likely wont be with the team in a year or 2.
    Yes, I think that the G position will accomodate more of a straight ahead power player because you generally play in a tighter box than a T. I wonder what happens when you are pulling and someone shoves your pads and you fall down like a sack of potatos? That is what training camp is all about..........to sort this stuff out.

The problem is that he isn't a power player. He isn't strong at all. You see it in his technique in that he uses his size to lean into his defender hoping to wall him off instead of actually trying to hold or push him back. I understand he was a project lineman, but his technique looks as if it had not improved since college.

+ Reply to Thread