+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants' Roster Breakdown: David Carr

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/24...ng-ryan-nassib

Excerpt: "David Carr has been the backup quarterback for Eli Manning in four of the past five seasons. Will that continue in 2013?

As we continue our look at the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training camp we turn our attention to backup quarterback David Carr. Entering his 12th NFL season Carr is actually one of the more interesting Giants in terms of how the roster is shaped.

2012 Season In Review

Carr played in only two games, completing 2-of-3 passes for 19 yards. That is more action than he saw in 2011, when he did not play at all while backing up Eli Manning. Carr has been Manning's backup four of the past five seasons and has completed 32-of-48 passes for 359 yards and three touchdowns during those seasons." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

rather see Nassib as the back up. No issue with Carr other than the fact that if Eli went down for any period of time I dont think he would do that well as the team's QB. IMO he doesnt have what it takes.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

David Carr is a good clipboard holder... nothing more, nothing less...

Starter
    If Eli goes down at any point this year, I would rather to have Carr behind, he is not great but knows perfectly the system, Nassib has so mucho to learn, he is going to be the best option next year or 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Boada View Post
    If Eli goes down at any point this year, I would rather to have Carr behind, he is not great but knows perfectly the system, Nassib has so mucho to learn, he is going to be the best option next year or 2015...
    There is some truth to what you say....

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    rather see Nassib as the back up. No issue with Carr other than the fact that if Eli went down for any period of time I dont think he would do that well as the team's QB. IMO he doesnt have what it takes.
    Pretty much

Who?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Nassib or Carr, if Eli goes down we are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Boada View Post
    to be honest.....based on what I have seen from Carr in his limited snaps I have no idea if he knows the system perfectly.....nothing to really base it on.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Nassib or Carr, if Eli goes down we are screwed.
    yep....
    so why not go with Nassib at least he is an unknown.....gotta see what he has....