+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njsean View Post
    Everything seems dumb after a few pages.
    Thanks for adding an extra dose of dumb!
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Thanks for adding an extra dose of dumb!
    Apologies. No filter between the mind and the fingers at that exact moment.

I think Eli is more clutch then Peyton but not a better QB then Peyton, if that makes sense. I feel the same way about Eli when I compare him to Romo.

I brought this up because Ernie thought he had a chance to be better than Peyton.

I disagree with the just let him play thinking. I think part of the advantage of the Mannings is they make great decisions. I feel very comfortable with Eli having the power to call and change plays at the line. It truly is his offense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Foundations need to be solid or they won't stand the test of time.

While the Giants have made a solid investment in him, and I believe he's a "solid" individual, I wouldn't describe his game that way after watching 2012.

He's delivered the goods no doubt, but there's something about his game that isn't exactly "reassuring". Maybe that's more about the mentality of a long time Giants fan than him, I don't know...
    I've never fully embraced the concept of a foundational player; specifically team sports. Of course, there's influential, instrumental, and talented players, but not foundational. Players do not exist in isolation, there's no center, there's no foundation, there's no reason to privilege any one position of another's because they need each other. Some positions are more important in different situations but that is fluid too. Foundation begins to emerge in the spaces between players, foundation is something practiced and shared between 11 guys, or 22 guys, or 53 guys. Team is the foundation
    , the players are the bricks. A foundation is stronger because the bricks are assembled well, not because one bears more of a load than another's.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGinIN666 View Post
    I've never fully embraced the concept of a foundational player; specifically team sports. Of course, there's influential, instrumental, and talented players, but not foundational. Players do not exist in isolation, there's no center, there's no foundation, there's no reason to privilege any one position of another's because they need each other. Some positions are more important in different situations but that is fluid too. Foundation begins to emerge in the spaces between players, foundation is something practiced and shared between 11 guys, or 22 guys, or 53 guys. Team is the foundation
    , the players are the bricks. A foundation is stronger because the bricks are assembled well, not because one bears more of a load than another's.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think Eli is more clutch then Peyton but not a better QB then Peyton, if that makes sense. I feel the same way about Eli when I compare him to Romo.

I brought this up because Ernie thought he had a chance to be better than Peyton.

I disagree with the just let him play thinking. I think part of the advantage of the Mannings is they make great decisions. I feel very comfortable with Eli having the power to call and change plays at the line. It truly is his offense now.
    Interesting. I've always felt he plays better when he doesn't have to play "beat the clock". And KG's recent comments do indicate that his understanding of what the coaches are trying to do, as well as his ability to recognize the disguises he's facing defensively are still a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Interesting. I've always felt he plays better when he doesn't have to play "beat the clock". And KG's recent comments do indicate that his understanding of what the coaches are trying to do, as well as his ability to recognize the disguises he's facing defensively are still a work in progress.
    Wow! You don't think Eli is at his best in the 2 minute drill trying to "beat the clock"? I do. I think it stems from the fact that is how he played ball at Ole Miss as Ernie observed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGinIN666 View Post
    Well said. I've never thought of using that word to describe any throughout our history. I think that word is best suited for Wellington Mara.

I actually agree with Ernie. Eli isn't the most efficient passer out there. He's not going to go 14-20 for 250 and 2 TDs even if he has all day to throw. He's a high volume passer. In order to get the most out of him, you just gotta let him loose.

Wow! You don't think Eli is at his best in the 2 minute drill trying to "beat the clock"? I do. I think it stems from the fact that is how he played ball at Ole Miss as Ernie observed.
    Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. In the two minute drill absolutely, he's tremendous and our coaching staff is very good too. But I was referring to him coming at of the huddle (late) and trying to set the play while the play clock is dwindling. And for the record, I'm not knocking him, I just don't enjoy that part of our offense.