+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. In the two minute drill absolutely, he's tremendous and our coaching staff is very good too. But I was referring to him coming at of the huddle (late) and trying to set the play while the play clock is dwindling. And for the record, I'm not knocking him, I just don't enjoy that part of our offense.
    I still honestly wonder....... is it Eli getting out of the huddle late or is he getting the play late?? and that's the cause.....Just seems to convenient to just blame Eli every time
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

he was really accurate on his assessment. he often early in his career was wild high, he doesnt have the best genes athletic wise and he often forces passes resulting in too many ints. but he has some sort of special magic that he can throw off his back foot while eyes closed and make a outstanding play when most of us are thinking oohhhh noooo. he works hard is a smart player and just over all a good guy.

if i was EA and saw him throw 3 ints i would have rated him much lower. but EA we know was crazy about last names after he missed out on FA ronde Barber.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I actually agree with Ernie. Eli isn't the most efficient passer out there. He's not going to go 14-20 for 250 and 2 TDs even if he has all day to throw. He's a high volume passer. In order to get the most out of him, you just gotta let him loose.
    I prefer Eli's numbers to look like 2008 in this Gilbride offense because it means the running game is doing the job it's supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I still honestly wonder....... is it Eli getting out of the huddle late or is he getting the play late?? and that's the cause.....Just seems to convenient to just blame Eli every time
    I think it's Gilbride. Eli always looks pissed when he has to call a timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Agreed, which is why I said I wasn't knocking him. I do believe it's our system.

Bench Player
    Eli is a big game player, would never count out the Giants in the playoffs while he is the quarteback

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    he was really accurate on his assessment. he often early in his career was wild high, he doesnt have the best genes athletic wise and he often forces passes resulting in too many ints. but he has some sort of special magic that he can throw off his back foot while eyes closed and make a outstanding play when most of us are thinking oohhhh noooo. he works hard is a smart player and just over all a good guy.

if i was EA and saw him throw 3 ints i would have rated him much lower. but EA we know was crazy about last names after he missed out on FA ronde Barber.
    this might be the worst explanation/summary possible of what EA actually said

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I actually agree with Ernie. Eli isn't the most efficient passer out there. He's not going to go 14-20 for 250 and 2 TDs even if he has all day to throw. He's a high volume passer. In order to get the most out of him, you just gotta let him loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I prefer Eli's numbers to look like 2008 in this Gilbride offense because it means the running game is doing the job it's supposed to do.
    True, but with 2 1000 yard rushers, you'd expect much better numbers. Heck, when Ben was playing game manager with Bettis, he had a phenomenal year where all he had to do was hit the open man. He had some games where he went something like 14-20 2 TDs and 250 yards.

To maximize Eli imo, he needs to throw more. I'm not saying that the Giants as a whole will be more successful, but Eli personally will play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post

more backhanded BS from the you....nice....
    Last edited by GameTime; 06-21-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

i honestly cant fathom how some of these "thoughts" are being reached, how far off base and out of whack...kinda impossible to believe.

somehow Pitt wanting to limit Bens pass attempts those first two yrs with Bettis bc he was absolutely terrible when he had thrown for more than like 18 passes. It was 1 of the only times i'd ever seen a qb get the tebow treatment long before tebow (ya know, run run run. pass if you have to out of desperation). Pitt went something like 10-0 when ben had less than 20 attempts and no tds lmfao...yeah he really knew how to maximize his game where eli needs "more passes and should be more like ben those first years and maximize his play" unfrigging believable lmao. big ben maximized his play so much it rubbed off on randle el who was the better qb (as a WR) that first SB (where ben had the worst performance by a sb qb all time iirc?)big ben was the ultimate "put in someone to manage his attempts and not turn it over" QB those first few yrs.
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 06-21-2013 at 09:04 AM.