+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,585
    Lol bear ain't going anywhere.... Whether or not hyno is injured

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Lol bear ain't going anywhere.... Whether or not hyno is injured
    Your opinion is based on what?

    You think we wouldn't cut him? We already have...2 x I believe. He was also cut by another team too. Why is it so hard to believe? I do think the injury to hyno helps him short term, but it certainly doesn't guarantee his position.

    If the Giants think Hyno will be out till week 6, it is entirely possible they IR Hyno and use Pascoe as the roster spot, allowing us to keep Chase as the 3rd TE. Coach Pope does seem to like that kid. However, who then gets cut when Hyno comes back? It very well could be Pascoe. As my post above indicates, he has been very close to free agency in the past and some pretty strange circumstances have allowed us to keep him on the roster. But if you go by last year, he did not earn his spot at all.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 06-20-2013 at 05:47 PM.

  3. #23
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,893
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    If Hyno makes it back healthy, Bear get's cut and things keep going they way they in New England...I do believe they'll take a look at him.
    They'll look at any TE these days.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  4. #24
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Your opinion is based on what?

    You think we wouldn't cut him? We already have...2 x I believe. He was also cut by another team too. Why is it so hard to believe? I do think the injury to hyno helps him short term, but it certainly doesn't guarantee his position.

    If the Giants think Hyno will be out till week 6, it is entirely possible they IR Hyno and use Pascoe as the roster spot, allowing us to keep Chase as the 3rd TE. Coach Pope does seem to like that kid. However, who then gets cut when Hyno comes back? It very well could be Pascoe. As my post above indicates, he has been very close to free agency in the past and some pretty strange circumstances have allowed us to keep him on the roster. But if you go by last year, he did not earn his spot at all.
    Well I'm pretty sure Hyno will come back early but I don't see Pascoe going anywhere this season. Besides Myers who else would we have as a TE? A guy in Adrien who hasn't made a single catch in the NFL? What if Myers goes down or we want to run a 2 TE set. Atleast Pascoe is a guy who's been in the system and played in games, he's serviceable at a position where there's one proven player.

  5. #25
    bear ran no where near the same style of force Jacobs ran. I mean from a physical standpoint they r similar. But from how they play, completely different. Bear isn't as strong. and isn't going to blow up the defender.

    I've always wondered how Jacobs would do as a FB. Were he willing to become one and put in the work there, he could extend his career easily.

  6. #26
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,893
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    bear ran no where near the same style of force Jacobs ran. I mean from a physical standpoint they r similar. But from how they play, completely different. Bear isn't as strong. and isn't going to blow up the defender.

    I've always wondered how Jacobs would do as a FB. Were he willing to become one and put in the work there, he could extend his career easily.
    Size has nothing to do with physicality. Bear is a bit soft given his size. I'm not trying to knock the guy, actually think he's OK but the reality is, he doesn't crush anyone.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure Hyno will come back early but I don't see Pascoe going anywhere this season. Besides Myers who else would we have as a TE? A guy in Adrien who hasn't made a single catch in the NFL? What if Myers goes down or we want to run a 2 TE set. Atleast Pascoe is a guy who's been in the system and played in games, he's serviceable at a position where there's one proven player.
    Well, we disagree there I guess. I do not see him as a serviceable TE. I have seen no evidence supporting that claim. In fact, 1 could argue his best year ever for us was the year he filled in for an injured Hedge**** at FB. In 2011, he actually played a good number of minutes at TE and was terrible at end line blocking, didn't get open, and led the league in holding calls per snap.

    We must have different definitions of "serviceable"

  8. #28
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,893
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Well, we disagree there I guess. I do not see him as a serviceable TE. I have seen no evidence supporting that claim. In fact, 1 could argue his best year ever for us was the year he filled in for an injured Hedge**** at FB. In 2011, he actually played a good number of minutes at TE and was terrible at end line blocking, didn't get open, and led the league in holding calls per snap.

    We must have different definitions of "serviceable"
    For me, serviceable is a low bar meant for non starters, good locker room influence, reserved for guys who stay healthy, keep their noses clean and who can help out in a number of areas. For me, Bear meets that threshold however if we find someone better, he is expendable. We might be splitting hairs here but serviceable and expendable are about an eighth inch apart for me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  9. #29
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,449
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Depends on when he comes back . . . you would obviously be correct if he comes back after the season started. In that case, Pascoe would have technically "made the team" but would be summarily cut upon Hynsoki's return.
    I disagree. They signed him for a year when Hynoski was healthy. I don't think we're overloaded at TE
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I disagree. They signed him for a year when Hynoski was healthy. I don't think we're overloaded at TE
    Plus he is still the backup FB
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts