+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Receiver Hakeem Nicks Skipped Workouts Over Injury Concerns

Giants' Receiver Hakeem Nicks Skipped Workouts Over Injury Concerns

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...niTBe2HBCecpHP

Excerpt: “At the end of the day, there’s stuff that’s mandatory and there’s things that are not mandatory,” he said. “From my eyes, anytime you can let your body rest [is good]. Football is a physical sport, and it’s a long season, too. Anytime you can let your body rest, I feel like that’s always a blessing.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Don't know what to make of this. Don't really care as long as he plays well of course. So is this superstition? Skip the workout that your injured yourself in last year?

I don't know why this wasn't known to begin with. Nicks is in a contract year. He's going to do everything he can on the field to earn the max contract while doing everything he can within the rules to avoid injury.

This is what most of us had thought it was all about. Unless of course you read the papers...

But of course.

Microsoft have dropped their DRM policies, Nicks is now getting an Xbox One.

[Coughlin was openly frustrated with Nicks for missing OTAs only because the coach said Nicks had promised to attend.

Nicks confirmed he made that promise, and further revealed that he met with Coughlin behind closed doors last week to formally apologize.

Hey Morehead....see those quotes above.....Stick that in your pipe and smoke........lol

Oh yeah....Eli is acting like a company shill too.....lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    [I]Coughlin was openly frustrated with Nicks for missing OTAs only because the coach said Nicks had promised to attend.

Nicks confirmed he made that promise, and further revealed that he met with Coughlin behind closed doors last week to formally apologize.[/I]

Hey Morehead....see tose quotes above.....Stick that in your pipe and smoke........lol

Oh yeah....Eli is acting like a company shill too.....lol
    You mean when I said 2 weeks ago that he skipped OTA's because of he wanted to heal up physically?

Sounds like Good "Ol Morehead was right again.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You mean when I said 2 weeks ago that he skipped OTA's because of he wanted to heal up physically?

Sounds like Good "Ol Morehead was right again.
    no when you said TC should keep his mouth closed and that Eli should too because he sounded like a company shill....
    looks like Nicks broke his promise to the team and coaches so they should have been pissed...
    He even apologized to affirm his mistake...
    looks like Ole Morhead was wrong to me....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    no when you said TC should keep his mouth closed and that Eli should too because he sounded like a company shill....
    looks like Nicks broke his promise to the team and coaches so they should have been pissed...
    He even apologized to affirm his mistake...
    looks like Ole Morhead was wrong to me....
    He should have kept his mouth shut. You settle that stuff behind closed doors. You don't call out one of your players in the media.
    About that opinion, I have no regrets. You are supposed to settle that crap man to man. Not in the media.

I honestly can't remember TC ever calling out a player like that. Up here is Mass. we consider that very "Bobby Valentine-like" And trust me....that ain't good.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread