+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    What's happening with Nicks? He's becoming a locker room distraction like Terrell Owens. Acting like he's a jet not a giant. If he didn't want to attend ota's he should have let the team know and avoided this melodrama.
    Huh? He is an absolutely exemplary Giant.
    Last edited by jomo; 06-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I didn't articulate that well. he made no commitment to the team past 2013, or even any real positive comments past this coming season.

Read the quote....I'm not saying it properly.
    He was asked if he would give a home team discount next year to stay with the Giants. Should he have said yes? I don't think I would have.

What's happening with Nicks? He's becoming a locker room distraction like Terrell Owens. Acting like he's a jet not a giant. If he didn't want to attend ota's he should have let the team know and avoided this melodrama.
    if thats was supposed to be in red font then you are totally over reacting.....

if it was then I get it.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    He was asked if he would give a home team discount next year to stay with the Giants. Should he have said yes? I don't think I would have.
    He should not say that. He would be hamstringing his agent as they move into contract dicsussions. He handled that part of it fine.

Guys who say they want to give the home team discount are typically over the hill players looking to hang on. It is not realistic for a star player to say or do that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Sorry guys...but even though nicks had every right to not attend...Yes he should have told TC....

BUT....even though TC has a right to be upset about not being kept in the loop.........Taking it to the media is absolutely the wrong thing to do and inexcusable....

What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room
    but it wasnt a big deal at all what TC said........it really wasnt. At least not to me.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

It's was water under the bridge until Nicks latest comments. He's handled this situation about as badly as possible.

What if next year half the players don't turn up because they need more rest?
    so now you jump to conclusions about next year??..

classic over reaction.....

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My point Rudy is that he said what he had to to stay out of the dog house.
    no....he apologized to TC because he messed up.........a simple normal human behavior

I think the disagreements in this thread are bigger than the 'conflict' between Coughlin/Nicks..... Nicks will be fine, this thing is a whole lotta nothing

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Its not so much that Nicks lied. He changed his mind about attending OTAs......
    He could have called and didnt.......
    water under the bridge.....
    It is water under the bridge, and it's not a big football thing, but it does seem as though he said one thing to the head coach and did another.

I have defended his decision not to attend voluntary OTAs and still do. But it's clear now that he, in my mind, had an obligation to tell the coach he changed his mind.

My original response was to the poster who suggested TC needed to "quit crying." I don't think TC has even mentioned it since Nicks has now attended the mandatory mimi-camp.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 06-20-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It is water under the bridge
    They never even built that bridge. It's just water on the floor.