+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants Interested in Desmond Bishop

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=255229

Kind of worried about the hammy, but Desmond Bishop would be a HUGE upgrade over anything we have at MLB. And he'd start for us which would really interest him.

I still have that feeling that the 2013 starting MLB for the Giants isn't on the team yet.

The truth is we aren't going to be able to afford him. Of course were interested because we have the worst LBs in the draft but it's not going to happen

Dunno about that ... Bishop isn't going to command big bucks anyway considering position, age and coming off a season-ending injury.

I sincerely doubt he gets much more than vet minimum from whatever team signs him.

can we effectively offer more bonus money and less on the cap side. seems to me that bonus money doesn't count against a cap and is guaranteed.

in this day and age, I'd take more guaranteed then the other.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Dunno about that ... Bishop isn't going to command big bucks anyway considering position, age and coming off a season-ending injury.

I sincerely doubt he gets much more than vet minimum from whatever team signs him.
    From listening to his comments he's not JUST looking for money. He wants to start and play for a winner which is why there may be a chance the Giants could draw his interest (albeit small). Also I'm pretty sure he knows he's gonna only sign a 1 year "prove it" type contract due to the injury concern. If he's as confident in his health as he says he may take less to be in a situation to excel and have a solid season.

Would be a good pick up.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

This would be a great situation for him to resurrect his career.

if Reese wants Bishop then he will find a way to make the deal, good GMs do this stuff all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    From listening to his comments he's not JUST looking for money. He wants to start and play for a winner which is why there may be a chance the Giants could draw his interest (albeit small). Also I'm pretty sure he knows he's gonna only sign a 1 year "prove it" type contract due to the injury concern. If he's as confident in his health as he says he may take less to be in a situation to excel and have a solid season.
    pretty much how I see it

The guy is no dummy, if he comes here he has two huge advantages: first, the competition (or lack there of) is wide open and second, the media market will get him tons of coverage. Don't think that is true look what happened with Bennet last year. I think if you get him a reasonable contract then he'd play here.