+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Brandon Myers is going to be a beast.
    I think Meyers will add another dimension to our passing game and now he is someone else who will have to be accounted for by defenses

I agree BnR for the most part. Im not even that convinced either. but if he was able to have success in our system in part thanks to eli, he should do just fine in NE's system with help from Brady, no? Just my linear thinking on the matter. It will hurt the time they dont have gronk n hernandez, but iirc, NE went out and got a bunch of TE's last yr bc Gronk was an issue then. They should have the ability to weather the storm until Hernandez/Gronk gets back...dont get me wrong, im not rooting for this. its just how i see it playing out. J.McDaniels is pretty much an offensive genius.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I say we keep Myers for this year and next year we let Adrian Robinson take over. He could be that awesome great run blocking and receiving combination that is so rare.
    Eh, I'd like to see Robinson actually do something productive on an NFL field before I sign off on this . . . .

I think Myers will bring a lot especially from a "getting down field" standpoint. I don't know how much of a blocker he is but Mike Pope should take care of that.

Robinson is probably the future and should get some playing time this year and if he is the JPP of tight ends should take over as the starter next year.

Pascoe will be used in key situations as a blocker and may even run a few tight end routes just to keep everyone honest.

I think our crop of tight ends will surprise this year! im ready to see Robinson in action after his hype.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Eh, I'd like to see Robinson actually do something productive on an NFL field before I sign off on this . . . .
    I agree, people need to stop thinking of Robinson as a starter before he even shows up and actually does something, I hope he turns into another Jimmy Graham for us but let him step onto the field first...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    I think Myers will bring a lot especially from a "getting down field" standpoint. I don't know how much of a blocker he is but Mike Pope should take care of that.

Robinson is probably the future and should get some playing time this year and if he is the JPP of tight ends should take over as the starter next year.

Pascoe will be used in key situations as a blocker and may even run a few tight end routes just to keep everyone honest.

I think our crop of tight ends will surprise this year! im ready to see Robinson in action after his hype.
    i dont understand why this is like misconception #1 with Myers, this notion he is going to be this downfield target...he didn't have 1 reception last season (of his 80+) where the ball was thrown 20 yds or more...I suspect we actually use him in an opposite role. A lot like Witten. Underneath stuff, crossing stuff, with an occasional seam route.

i agree with everything else tho

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    http://youtu.be/VkIk0or9Fzk

I don't think there were any 20+ yard catches. But that's a scheme thing too. He really doesn't run deep at all. Just crossing routes over the middle about 5-10 yards deep
    Can't wait to see what he can with those seam routes that the G'men favor. He's got the speed to be difficult to manage.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think we are in solid shape at tight end. Brandon Myers appears to be a solid pick up. Robinson is getting praise on his learning curve. I happen to be a fan of Pascoe also. He is solid, versatile and never misses a game. When was the last time you saw him have a drop. I hope Robinson can step up and contribute this season.

Why do people have to hate on Tebow. A lot of guys thanks God and Jesus. Why give him grief because he happens to really mean it. He has been a QB a long time and that's what he wants to be. Why should anyone care about what he feels he should be known as? He also seems OK with doing things other than QB. Hell he even covered punts.