+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense....to diminish another player's accomplishments to make one of your own look better is pathetic. Sorry if you think Sapp is justified in his idiotic statement.
    Not sure where I justified his statement. But, if he's going to call out a HOF eligible member in order to support one of his teamates, then his choice of Strahan out of the 3 eligible DE's in 2013 makes sense. The other 2 arent 1st time balloters like Strahan is so, their chances of getting in this time are better. And, he has had beef with Strahan in the past so, I'm sure that chance to take one last jab was his motive.

Is it a comment that a respectable journalist/commentator/athlete/person would make? Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
    Not sure where I justified his statement. But, if he's going to call out a HOF eligible member in order to support one of his teamates, then his choice of Strahan out of the 3 eligible DE's in 2013 makes sense. The other 2 arent 1st time balloters like Strahan is so, their chances of getting in this time are better. And, he has had beef with Strahan in the past so, I'm sure that chance to take one last jab was his motive.

Is it a comment that a respectable journalist/commentator/athlete/person would make? Absolutely not.
    If your saying "there's nothing to see" your basically saying that Sapp can say whatever he want. What he said was complete BS. If Rice was that good he shouldn't feel the need to tear down another player that he could be(and will be) sharing HOF with. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    If your saying "there's nothing to see" your basically saying that Sapp can say whatever he want. What he said was complete BS. If Rice was that good he shouldn't feel the need to tear down another player that he could be(and will be) sharing HOF with. Plain and simple.
    I just don't think there's anything to make of it. Who gives a sh*t what Warren Sapp says? His comments have zero effect on the selection process nor do they take away from Strahan as a player and his accomplishments.

And he does have the right to say whatever he wants. Everyone else has the right to agree or disagree with it.

But, the reson he targeted Strahan and not anyone else makes sense.

I never cared what that idiot has ever said......and I'm not about to start now. Sapp has a job on TV because he is a CHARACTER not because he's any kind of real analyst. Just another fool in a suit.

I'd rather listen to Shannon "Marble Mouth" Sharpe butcher the English language than take anything that fat oaf says seriously.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I never cared what that idiot has ever said......and I'm not about to start now. Sapp has a job on TV because he is a CHARACTER not because he's any kind of real analyst. Just another fool in a suit.

I'd rather listen to Shannon "Marble Mouth" Sharpe butcher the English language than take anything that fat oaf says seriously.
    I actually like Sapp. I just think that for some reason Sapp and Strahan don't like each other.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I actually like Sapp. I just think that for some reason Sapp and Strahan don't like each other.
    I liked him as a player, but as an analyst on NFL Network he's the most annoying thing next to Jamie Dukes.

Can't you ever be on the RIGHT side of a conversation?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Can't you ever be on the RIGHT side of a conversation?
    I just don't think its a big deal F. Sapp is pumping his teammate.
    Is he right? Absolutely not.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I just don't think its a big deal F. Sapp is pumping his teammate.
    Is he right? Absolutely not.
    I don't either. This will not make me dislike him any more than I already do.

Wow.....what's up with Sapp constantly hating on Strahan?
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell