+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RB'S????

Quote Originally Posted by kfelgigiants View Post
    I think u make sense when saying start Brown but, I think Wilsons big play ability and ability to sway momentum in our side early would be huge. So IMO start Wilson but get Brown in there early enough to wear them down...
    I fully expect Coughlin to play both backs pretty equally beginning in the first quarter. I'm just remembering fondly how Jacobs (and Ware) would grind some hard yards in the early part of games and then Bradshaw would come in late and make defenders wish they weren't on the field. His combo of strength, speed, and fresh legs was demoralizing.

As for replacing Bradshaw's ability to pickup the blitz, remember he was not always great. That skill was learned and Wilson will have to do the same.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG12589 View Post
    more than 1 and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have that same concern about him. We really don't know much about him thats why it needs to PANEL OOUT!!!! this year. Just going off of what we already know, but good try with your sassy comment.
    what was the second.. i'm having a real hard time recalling?

I agree. I really hope Wilson becomes a pass blocker. He is a better pure runner than bradshaw and would be a very versatile weapon.

WHat about Scott, think he has a chance?
    ALL IN! NYG

i havent seen anyone truly detail Wilsons game. he absolutely can be our "starter", which is a split role. He has a skill set you rarely see, power, agility, speed, and quickness. i actually disagree with those that have made comments recently that he lacks vision. i actually thought he showed very good vision especially for a rookie. i cant remember a run he had where he lost yardage (that wasnt due to the OL letting a guy in clean). He is a physical runner with amazing speed, which really puts a defender in a lose lose situation. he gets a ton of yards after contact. and he specifically added 10-15 pds this offseason to be a more complete back capable of lining up and making a key block.

Then with AB2. Guy in his limited action, displayed to me he already possesses the game to be successful. you simply can't teach the kinda vision/style he has. he is great at setting up his blockers, finding a lil crease, and getting small through the crease, and powerful out of it. he really presses the hole well. he will consistently be effective as long as he stay healthy, same for DW.

And perhaps the most important aspect to the running game doesnt even have to do with a rb. The pass game featuring a (healthy) nicks, cruz, rr, murphy, myers etc is going to force defenses to respect eli and the vertical pass game. that is going to open up a lot of alleys for the rbs to run wild through. big things are in store for our rbs. i have already predicted that AB2 will display the kinda game worthy of being a starter in the league, and that DW will play like a top 5 rb

I think we can have a defense that shores up at least the issues we had last year. above that, remains to be seen.

we are heavy at DE, LB not so sure about the backfield, but seems we have an able bunch. damn, we just need to watch the injuries. hope we can remain healthy
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

WHat about Scott, think he has a chance?
    He's got a very good chance. According to giants.com there are only 5 RBs on the roster right now. Granted, that can and probably will change. With Wilson and Brown locked in, Scott, Torain, and Cox will have to duke it out for the other two spots.

5 RBs for 4 spots really doesn't seem like a lot of competition. I wonder if they are leaving room to bring the big man back (dark red = only slightly sarcastic).

So as the season gets closer I'm starting to think of the concerns I have with the Gmen this upcoming seaosn. WIlson 1 and Brown 2? Can Wilson do it. I think he's great on special teams!!!!!... idk about the number 1 spot for RB. He seems a bit small, but I guess we will just have to find out how it panels out this year with him. Brown I think will be good, but I think we should have tried for another RB in the draft, ect. Our GM/ Coach never lets us down though, thats what I keep telling myself lol. Thoughts?

Sorry.... I though this was a thread about where to get the best RIBS!

lol..... WAAAAAAAAT
    ALL IN! NYG

+ Reply to Thread