+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RB'S????

Man that's a big statement saying Wilson plays like top 5 back this year, but I totally think he has that in him. I didn't know he put on weight... where did u get that? So he is about 215-220 lbs right now???

Thinking Brown will do better than Wilson.
    ALL IN! NYG

Really? I guess we'll see, I just think Wilson is gonna be a monster this season. Hopefully Brown is too though

Quote Originally Posted by kfelgigiants View Post
    Man that's a big statement saying Wilson plays like top 5 back this year, but I totally think he has that in him. I didn't know he put on weight... where did u get that? So he is about 215-220 lbs right now???
    Yeah. I truly believe that. His skill set is pretty much only matched by the elite backs in the league. the only guy(s) I can think of that have the blend of speed, power, quickness, and athleticism as Wilson is AP, MJD, Ray Rice, Arian Foster...and even those guys aside from AP really dont match his athleticism and speed/quickness.

THe one thing that DW will need to show is an ability to follow the plays designs and use vision. Im not saying he didnt show that his rookie year, he actually did and doesnt get enough credit for how he was able to setup the defenders so he could either power them, or create enough space for him to out sprint them.

and really, as important as DW's role is going to be in fulfilling such a claim, the pass game too will help a lot. DW is going to be facing a ton of soft defenses due to the respect our pass game forces Defenses into. Last yr, Bradshaw hurt more than helped imho in that, he was not being patient, and not maximizing most his runs aside from a few games and that was due to health not a lack of skill.

with a guy like DW, you give him some of the lanes AB1 got, and DW doesnt run for 20 yds and get caught from behind...he's taking it to the house. And then, when Defenses realize this, the pass game will be setup to go over the top.

Big BIG things in store for DW this year mark my words. First game of the yr, im calling he;ll have a long TD run, 100+ yards, and will show an improved ability in pass protection.

He came in and played at 205 last year. hes at 215 now. he worked to add 10 lbs on and according to him it was solely bc of the pass protection issue and being able to take on and handle bigger defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by kfelgigiants View Post
    Really? I guess we'll see, I just think Wilson is gonna be a monster this season. Hopefully Brown is too though
    AB2 also has a unique skill set and is an everydown caliber back too imo. He has 1 thing every RB would kill for, great vision. he is able to setup his blockers, press the hole, and explode through it. he also runs like hes been cut 5 times and knows nothing is given, everything earned and i love that in my RB.

I predicted DW will be a top 5 RB, and AB2 would display the game of a capable starting back even tho he wont be as successful/used as much as DW. I see AB2 gettin 50-60% of the carries DW gets. Maybe 600-800 yds, but more importantly, 8 or more TDs imho.

Great time for Giants Offense, if only our D can bring it.

Veteran
    Brown showed he had skills and can be a good back in this game, but I still like Wilson I feel he has way more upside. Brown is solid though, so I'm down with both of them kicking *** this season .

RB is not any kind of an area of concern for me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

We a run a 2 back system. There will be no top 5 back on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We a run a 2 back system. There will be no top 5 back on this team.
    how do you figure with the A+++++++++ OL we have lol

its my opinion. I know its a long shot. and tech, i said he will display top 5 RB game so he doesnt necessarily need to produce as much as the top 5, just play at the level the top 5 rbs play at.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    RB is not any kind of an area of concern for me.
    How can it not be a concern? DW has one good game under his belt and AB2 lasted half a season before getting hurt again. Oh and we are coming back with the same exact offensive line, (unless the kid beats Diehl) that has struggled in the run game for two years now. Until they prove it, the running game is still a big concern for me.