+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    as potential landing spot. Could happen tonight. He also mentioned the Jags are in the mix as well.
    Jacksonville... where players go to die
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Would be nice to see him here and would definitely bolster out LB corp but I bet we can't afford him.

a 1 or 2 year deal would be really good, he's pretty much an immediate starter and upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, former Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop is “still deciding” between offers from the Giants, Chiefs and Vikings.

At this point, I'd take a look at Bishop Desmond Tutu if he were interested tutu1.jpg
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

5 teams are interested and we are only 3 million left in cap space. You do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
    5 teams are interested and we are only 3 million left in cap space. You do the math.
    The thinking is no matter where he goes he's getting a 1 year deal, and will use this season to prove his true worth.

He's going to a team that a) is in search of a long term answer at MLB, and b) has a chance to compete for a Super Bowl.

No doubt we fit that description.

PS - I know literally nothing about this guy. My comments are based solely on hearing his interview on Sirius NFL the other day.

He's a good player and if healthy likely has plenty in the tank. The only caveat is that he comes from a 3-4 system into a 4-3, so:

1) where would he fit?
    2) how much of a learning curve is it for a guy likely signing a 1-year deal.

I'd say the odds of him coming here are maybe 10% given our tight money situation.

What we do offer is a good chance to make the starting lineup, and a winning history.

Desmond played the middle role in 2010. He very well could be our middle linebacker if we sign him. But I don't think the Giants will sign him since they committed the middle linebacker position to Connor and Herzlich. Those two will play the position without a doubt.