+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Giants' Roster Breakdown: Andre Brown

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/20...k-david-wilson

Andre Brown emerged as a quality running back in 2012. What can the Giants expect from him in 2013.Let's continue our look at the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training camp in late July. Here we turn our attention to a player who emerged as a contributor in 2012, and should have a key role in 2013 -- running back Andre Brown.

2012 Season In Review

After bouncing around the league since the Giants drafted him in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft Brown, 6-foot, 240 pounds, finally established himself as a legitimate NFL back. He carried 73 times for 385 yards (5.3 yards per carry) and scored eight touchdowns. Brown still referred to the season as "disappointing," because he broke his leg and finished it on injured reserve. Still, it was a breakout year for the powerful inside runner who had only two NFL carries entering the season.
    [Fantasy Value of Brown, Wilson]" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

With good health, Ardre will be a VERY productive back for us this year in tandem with Wilson. Very excited to see those 2 get at it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    With good health, Ardre will be a VERY productive back for us this year in tandem with Wilson. Very excited to see those 2 get at it.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Can't wait to see Andre Brown this season.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I just hope he is healthy, he has had some bad luck with injuries and at some point they are going to take their toll. I wish him health, he deserves it.

I like Andre Brown a lot. He reminds me a lot of Derrick Ward. Hopefully he can wear down defenses to allow Wilson to break long runs.

Quote Originally Posted by RolleN N CruzN View Post
    I like Andre Brown a lot. He reminds me a lot of Derrick Ward. Hopefully he can wear down defenses to allow Wilson to break long runs.
    Short and sweet analysis. I like it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Only one thing needs to be said. When Andre broke his leg, the offense started to sputter and never fully regained what it could do. A healthy Brown is the catalyst to a good Giants running game. Add a year of experience for Wilson and whoa this should be exciting

just stay healthy and he will be very good......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

his ability to setup his blockers and press the hole is something all great rbs have. not saying hes a great rb bc that claim cant be made just yet. but its very important.
    he also has a nice blend of power and quickness. i really liked the attitude he ran with too. like he cherished the ability to get a shot to fight for every inch he earned, he doesnt run like he wants anything easy almost.

I'll always remember vs Carolina, on his first real big run of the game, (2nd carry iirc) where he got pushed out of bounds down the right sideline. He got up and the camera angle made his face visible. Dude was getting back to the huddle like a man possessed doing the G walk. Imo, mentality and approach are so crucial to success, and thats the kinda mentality I want in all the players on the team. a confidence in the ability to physically beat up on the opponent while beating him on the scoreboard.