+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    def a good dose of gain with chorus but a deep chorus and not much rate mixed in. Also slight delay and heavily proccessed otherwise..
    I did a little research came acrossed this web page http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=22

here is another http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=2111 shows pictures of some of his set ups and tells how he used a lot of stuff to get his sound
    Last edited by byron; 06-22-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I did a little research came acrossed this web page http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=22

here is another http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=2111 shows pictures of some of his set ups and tells how he used a lot of stuff to get his sound
    Yup, I've seen that site before and all about those set-ups. Clearly you would need a boat load of equipment to mimic him perfectly lol.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Gilmour sounds like distortion & delay, the other dude added more, like a chorus or something.

Lots of ways to get that sound, I like to use an Ibanez tube screamer in front of a small tube amp. I think Gilmour used that setup sometimes and he also liked the Big Muff which i never tried.

Most of that sound comes from the fingers, heavy pick attack, lots of string bending.

Rock on Giant fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    def a good dose of gain with chorus but a deep chorus and not much rate mixed in. Also slight delay and heavily proccessed otherwise..
    Thanks guys. Gimaniac: I definitely bend the strings relentlessly and attack heavy when I play this particular solo. My fingers hate me for it afterwards but it is so friggin worth it just to hear yourself playing a Gilmour solo lol.

GameTime: I think I may need to bring the delay down a bit from where I have it when I play this solo. Too much of it seems to be screwing up the sound.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 06-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Yup, I've seen that site before and all about those set-ups. Clearly you would need a boat load of equipment to mimic him perfectly lol.
    looked some other covers of the song.... boss distortion and delay gets mentioned alot.....If you can come close to doing Gilmores stuff you got to be pretty good.....good luck RC

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    looked some other covers of the song.... boss distortion and delay gets mentioned alot.....If you can come close to doing Gilmores stuff you got to be pretty good.....good luck RC
    Thanks! I wouldn't say I am all that good. I have only been playing for a few years. However, I have listened to so much Floyd and so much Gilmour (almost 25 years of listening), I am able to play all the big solos pretty well.

Veteran
    Holy cow, I found a ton of presets with my Fender Mustang Fuse membership that are all specific to David Gilmour and Pink Floyd. There's one that is called dg1 and it is exactly the type of preset you'd use for the song I posted here. I also found one for album Time, album Comfortably Numb, album Shine On You Crazy Diamond and two Pulse presets. There all mind-blowing to play.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 06-22-2013 at 11:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread