+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I actually intern at a company that grossed over $4 billion in annual sales. Boom shaka laka. Most of my posting comes from my great but ever annoying iPhone.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkb...hakalaka_music

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Depends on what sound you're looking for.
    I have a HSS Strat which is the best of both worlds. But I do have tele and 2 PRS's with humbuckers.
    Nice ax collection you got there.

I'm in a 3 piece band right now so I gotta sound as fat as I can without being too loud = humbuckers & 20 watt Soldano tube amp cranked & mic'd.

There's an NHL finals (bruins vs. blackhawks), MLB baseball, tennis, and soccer. Plenty of sports to go. You can always re-watch any of the Giant's superbowl runs and greatest games on dvd/blu-ray as well to bridge into the upcoming season.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 06-21-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Lol. I like the humbuckers too. Either way it is heavenly to play Gilmour's solos. He is a legendary guitar god.

Hey any of the guitar nuts in this thread, Morehead, Byron, Gimaniac, at the very end of this clip from about 5 minutes on, do you think Gilmour is using some sort of effect? I know how to play the ending but just can't quite nail the right effect to make it sound perfectly. I am close to nailing it but maybe I am off somewhere so I was wondering if any of you can figure out if there is some sort of effect Gilmour is using to hit those piercing notes at the end of the clip.

Here's a dude on youtube who covered it perfectly with what appears to be a non-fender guitar, go to about 1:20:
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 06-21-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

All-Pro
    Hey any of the guitar nuts in this thread, Morehead, Byron, Gimaniac, at the very end of this clip from about 5 minutes on, do you think Gilmour is using some sort of effect? I know how to play the ending but just can't quite nail the right effect to make it sound perfectly. I am close to nailing it but maybe I am off somewhere so I was wondering if any of you can figure out if there is some sort of effect Gilmour is using to hit those piercing notes at the end of the clip.

Here's a dude on youtube who covered it perfectly with what appears to be a non-fender guitar, go to about 1:20:
    Idk maybe some eco or reverb.....the second clip seems like its heavy on the reverb maybe some distortion just a guess definatly think second clip is using something....Gilmore not so sure.....maybe sustane
    Last edited by byron; 06-22-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There's always the Boston Red Sox Rudy........Just submit your love to God's team.
    A NY Giants/ Boston Red Sox Fan??? What planet are you from anyway???

Gilmour sounds like distortion & delay, the other dude added more, like a chorus or something.

Lots of ways to get that sound, I like to use an Ibanez tube screamer in front of a small tube amp. I think Gilmour used that setup sometimes and he also liked the Big Muff which i never tried.

Most of that sound comes from the fingers, heavy pick attack, lots of string bending.

Rock on Giant fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Humbuckers rule, Gilmour knows not what he do, lol.
    Single coils Bro....come on
    SRV...Clapton.....Beck.....Oh yah me too...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

def a good dose of gain with chorus but a deep chorus and not much rate mixed in. Also slight delay and heavily proccessed otherwise..
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Single coils Bro....come on
    SRV...Clapton.....Beck.....Oh yah me too...
    You forgot Leslie West, King of Tone, P90 Single Coil

+ Reply to Thread