+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Reasons Strahan > Sapp

15)

blind sided that guy from the Packers when he had no bering on the play. Almost ended the guys career. What ****** move by a supposed great player...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

hahahaha

I'm still annoyed that Sapp got into the HoF over Strahan. It's ridiculous.

Strahan: 141.5 sacks, 24/15 FF/FR, 667 tackles, 2 SB, 7 Pro Bowls, 4 All-Pros
    Sapp: 96.5 sacks, 19/12 FF/FR, 438 tackles, 1 SB, 7 Pro Bowls, 4 All-Pros

I don't want to hear about what a transcendent 3 tech Sapp was (and he was) ... Strahan is the third best strong side DE in NFL history after Deacon Jones and Reggie White and absolutely slaughtered Sapp in the stats department (playing in a much tougher division I might add).

Strahan was a leader, Sapp was a malcontent.
    Sapps play dropped of seriously after 30. Strahan had 22.5 sacks at age 30.
    Sapp played well in one system (Tampa 2). Strahan was good under Rust, Fox, Lynn, Lewis and Spags who all asked him to do different things as an LDE
    Most of his career Strahan was the best player on the defense. In his prime Sapp was the second best player on the TB DL (behind Rice) and the third best player on that defense (behind Brooks and Rice).

The funniest thing I find is Sapp was crying before being voted in the HOF about Strahan's media popularity being a factor in the voting when it was Sapps presence on NFLN that probably pushed him over the top. He has the world thinking he is a great defensive mind when he is a giant jackass.

+ Reply to Thread