+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Vikings agreed to terms with MLB Desmond Bishop on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

"Vikings agreed to terms with MLB Desmond Bishop on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.
    Assuming Bishop's hamstring holds up -- a rupture cost him all of 2012 -- the move stabilizes and completes a suddenly impressive Vikings linebacker corps. Rather than trot out journeyman special teamer Marvin Mitchell on the weak side, Minnesota will move Erin Henderson back to Will with Bishop playing Mike and Chad Greenway Sam. The Vikings' front seven will continue to be stout after ranking 11th versus the run in 2012. Bishop and Greenway will be the every-down linebackers, worth targeting as LB2/3s in IDP leagues."

Per rotoworld

son of a B#%$*

yea this is too bad. Cant do much with our cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    son of a B#%$*
    I'm guessing he wanted to go somewhere he stood a chance of hanging on after year one. Assuming Hynoski heals and returns to his former self, Leaach would have been gone after one year.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm guessing he wanted to go somewhere he stood a chance of hanging on after year one. Assuming Hynoski heals and returns to his former self, Leaach would have been gone after one year.
    Bishop?

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Bishop?
    That's the second time I've mixed up these players lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

We couldn't sign Bishop at a lousy 1-year, $1.5M contract? I don't know if he even has anything left, but it's gotta be better than what we currently have in the LB corp.