+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unique Attractions Being Planned For 2014 Super Bowl and Fans In NYC

Unique Attractions Being Planned For 2014 Super Bowl and Fans In NYC

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/26/...new-york-city/

Excerpt: "2014 will be the first time the Super Bowl will be held in a city where snow is a strong possibility during the big game. The NFL is embracing it by making cold weather the theme of the pre-Super Bowl festivities that will include several different attractions.

In an interview with NFL.com, the NFL's vice president of events Mary Pat Augenthaler shed some light on the plans to entertain the fans before kickoff. Super Bowl Boulevard will be held between 34th and 44th street ofManhattan where attractions such as a 60 foot high by 108 foot long tobaggon will be open to the public. The attraction will be for all ages.In an hour anywhere between 800-1,000 fans will be able to enjoy the attraction.In addition to the tobaggon, there will be other attractions unique to New York's style.

"We've got a custom set of the iconic roman numerals that will be very New York and Broadway-esque, and then we do have the tobaggon run that we're calling "the longest run on Broadway." We're going to have a concert stage and free autographs from current and former players during the day. All our sponsors will be there with really fun, interactive games different folks can play. And we're going to do a custom Super Bowl themed video mapping show on the front facade of Macy's down between 34th and 35th street which will show every evening on the half an hour. It will be an 8-10 minute video that will celebrate winter, New York and New Jersey and celebrate the Super Bowl and NFL football," explained Augenthaler." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Can you say traffic jam?

At least I live in Jersey, so the traffic won't get here until a day I don't have to work.

Wow, that's actually pretty cool. They better have someone awesome performing and not that snoozefest from last year.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Wow, that's actually pretty cool. They better have someone awesome performing and not that snoozefest from last year.
    It better be the Boss... or bon jovi if hes unavailable...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It better be the Boss... or bon jovi if hes unavailable...
    Would be cool. No pop ****
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

Can you say traffic jam?

At least I live in Jersey, so the traffic won't get here until a day I don't have to work.
    Isnt it always a traffic jam in mid town Manhattan?

I dont understand why so many people hate the idea of an outside cold SB. Its more football weather like the playoffs. I love it. I hope cities like Chicago and Washington are trying too. Domed football should be outlawed.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

+ Reply to Thread