Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60
  1. #31
    well bc the other thread was locked ill just continue trying to discuss the topic here i guess? it wouldnt surprise me in the least tho if hernandez gets off. remember, he has to go to a jury of his peers, which will prob be all Pats fans unless the Prosecution seeks to change venue bc of an unfair advantage (which they prob could get granted by the judge). Also, a lot of the evidence is circumstantial. and, what sucks about that (or not depending on perspective), a defense lawyer can explain all that away to the point there is reasonable doubt.

    im just saying, innocent until proven guilty does still carry weight in this country despite that right fading away by the second. this will be a very interesting story as it becomes more and more disclosed.

  2. #32
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    Mods, you need to lock this one down too. I get it, people want to laugh at the guy. However, a man is dead. I know that people aren't maliciously laughing at the person who is dead and their loved one's, but they're laughing at the situation and the situation involves death and trauma. Certainly the family of the deceased is not reading these message boards, but being sympathetic to their reactions to this being made a joke of, is admirable in my opinion.
    Here is where you are missing the point. The victims family is not being subjected to the jokes about Hernandez, (not the dead guy) so they cannot be offended by it. If they were reading this board then I could see how it's being insensitive. The only one crying about it is YOU (and maybe 2 others)....who HAVE ABSOULTELY ZERO CAUSE. I could give two ****s about anyone who has no dog in this race pretending that I (and many others) are somehow mistreating the victims family in this case. You cannot speak on their behalf. Get a ****ing grip or quit the board again.... no one is going to cry
    Last edited by FBomb; 06-26-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  3. #33
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,976
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    well bc the other thread was locked ill just continue trying to discuss the topic here i guess? it wouldnt surprise me in the least tho if hernandez gets off. remember, he has to go to a jury of his peers, which will prob be all Pats fans unless the Prosecution seeks to change venue bc of an unfair advantage (which they prob could get granted by the judge). Also, a lot of the evidence is circumstantial. and, what sucks about that (or not depending on perspective), a defense lawyer can explain all that away to the point there is reasonable doubt.

    im just saying, innocent until proven guilty does still carry weight in this country despite that right fading away by the second. this will be a very interesting story as it becomes more and more disclosed.
    If he's involved and rats out other guys.....it could happen.....but I also read (not sure where now) that it was Hernandez being the actual shooter in this case....That he shot him as he was getting out of the car and stood over him a shot me more. If HE pulled the trigger...he will go down for it.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Here is where you are missing the point. The victims family is not being subjected to the jokes about Hernandez, (not the dead guy) so they cannot be offended by it. If they were reading this board then I could see how it's being insensitive. The only one crying about it is YOU (and maybe 2 others)....who HAVE ABSOULTELY ZERO CAUSE. I could give two ****s about anyone who has no dog in this race pretending that I (and many others) are somehow mistreating the victims family in this case. You cannot speak on their behalf. Get a ****ing grip or quit the board again.... no one is going to cry
    I know that the victims' family isn't the subject of the jokes. But without the death of this man there is no joke to make. My point is the fact that the situation is being laughed at to begin with could be hurtful. Imagine if you're one of the family members seeing these internet memes of Hernandez' new jersey being a prison uniform. You might take a step back and be like, "Damn, are these people just making a joke without even considering that my loved one is dead? Without his death there is no joke to make!"

    Again it could be hurtful language to them and even if they aren't reading the posts they are still worthy of our consideration. You say that if the family members were reading it then it would be insensitve but because they aren't, it's ok? I just don't get that logic. Isn't that the same as the person who thinks it's wrong to say racist jokes in front of minorities but ok if they aren't around? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

    Mods, if I am out of line then delete my posts, and allow the one liners and stand up acts that draw inspiration from a recently executed man to continue.
    Last edited by Providence; 06-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

  5. #35
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I know that the victims' family isn't the subject of the jokes. But without the death of this man there is no joke to make. My point is the fact that the situation is being laughed at to begin with could be hurtful. Imagine if you're one of the family members seeing these internet memes of Hernandez' new jersey being a prison uniform. You might take a step back and be like, "Damn, are these people just making a joke without even considering that my loved one is dead? Without his death there is no joke to make!"

    Again it could be hurtful language to them and even if they aren't reading the posts they are still worthy of our consideration. You say that if the family members were reading it then it would be insensitve but because they aren't, it's ok? I just don't get that logic. Isn't that the same as the person who thinks it's wrong to say racist jokes in front of minorities but ok if they aren't around? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

    Mods, if I am out of line then delete my posts, and allow the one liners and stand up acts that draw inspiration from a recently executed man to continue.
    You're being ridiculously over sensitive....and the mods don't ban people or delete posts for that. The other thread wasn't closed because of it or that people were making jokes....it was closed because the conversation got heated.

    Bottom line.......I don't care that you are offended by these jokes because you have nothing to do with the family of the victim. Nevermind the fact that no one has said anything out of line. I think you're being silly.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    You're being ridiculously over sensitive....and the mods don't ban people or delete posts for that. The other thread wasn't closed because of it or that people were making jokes....it was closed because the conversation got heated.

    Bottom line.......I don't care that you are offended by these jokes because you have nothing to do with the family of the victim. Nevermind the fact that no one has said anything out of line. I think you're being silly.
    I don't need you to care about my feelings on the issue, nor am I looking for your approval of my position. I am just asking that you consider it from a different point of view. I come from a family of social service professionals that work in many urban areas and specifically with people that are victims of gun violence. Too frequently the general public forgets about the families these men and women leave behind. I know Odin Lloyd is guilty in the F-bomb court of law and as such his death to you is somewhat justified by his spending time with Hernandez to begin with. So I won't ask for your sympathy for him. However, what about if he's got kids? That kid grows up without a dad and that kid goes to a trauma therapy groups run by my mother. Later when he has trouble in school because of behavioral issues stemming from the loss of his father he goes to see the school social worker that is my wife. When he struggles even further and makes poor decisions that land him in prison he sees me, the prison social worker, etc. So yes, I am sensitive to this issue. However, just because I am not part of the family it doesn't mean that such sensitivities should be overlooked. Again, we obviously don't agree on this and that is fine, but I would hope we could have a conversation about it and perhaps both of us could walk away with a different take.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

  7. #37
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I don't need you to care about my feelings on the issue, nor am I looking for your approval of my position. I am just asking that you consider it from a different point of view. I come from a family of social service professionals that work in many urban areas and specifically with people that are victims of gun violence. Too frequently the general public forgets about the families these men and women leave behind. I know Odin Lloyd is guilty in the F-bomb court of law and as such his death to you is somewhat justified by his spending time with Hernandez to begin with. So I won't ask for your sympathy for him. However, what about if he's got kids? That kid grows up without a dad and that kid goes to a trauma therapy groups run by my mother. Later when he has trouble in school because of behavioral issues stemming from the loss of his father he goes to see the school social worker that is my wife. When he struggles even further and makes poor decisions that land him in prison he sees me, the prison social worker, etc. So yes, I am sensitive to this issue. However, just because I am not part of the family it doesn't mean that such sensitivities should be overlooked. Again, we obviously don't agree on this and that is fine, but I would hope we could have a conversation about it and perhaps both of us could walk away with a different take.
    I have not passed judgement on the victim at all....you're making WAY more out it. It's your straw man argument. Everything you listed here has nothing to do with the jokes we are cracking and bringing the victims kids into it is just pathetic. Nothing that ANY OF US have said is hurtful to the victims family, not soley because they aren't here to read it, but because we didn't make jokes about the victim himself. Our jokes were about the guy who killed him. How making fun of the guy that killed him hurts his family is all in YOUR head.....we are making fun of what a piece of **** Hernandez is. It IS my opinion that the victim played a role in his own death...that's only conjecture....but I don't apologize if he was innocent because I didn't crack any jokes about the murder itself....I only offered an opinion. That being said.....if he DID die because he was involved in criminal activity...he gets what he gets without any hesitiation. His children cannot be hurt by my words....you being offended means nothing to me. You are not personally affected.

    Again...I find your opinion on this to be completely silly and a total over reaction. There is no other perspective for me.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  8. #38
    He should call up Ray Lewis for some tips

  9. #39
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,980
    I speculated on it earlier, but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that anyone else there at the crime scene have agreed to plea bargains in exchange for testimony that incriminates Hernandez. For that to be true, Hernandez would certainly have to have been the one who pulled the trigger, and that appears to be the prosecution's argument.

    It's far to shady for Hernandez to have been the only one arrested when he was just one of multiple suspects as recently as Tuesday. That's only compiled by the fact that we know, through surveillance and text messages, that Hernandez was not alone during the incident.

    I wouldn't be surprised if those guys got some relatively rare, if not unprecedented deals, either. I doubt the prosecution wants to risk the ensuing PR-storm by being another one of many prosecution teams that failed to put a high-profile individual behind bars.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I have not passed judgement on the victim at all....you're making WAY more out it. It's your straw man argument. Everything you listed here has nothing to do with the jokes we are cracking and bringing the victims kids into it is just pathetic. Nothing that ANY OF US have said is hurtful to the victims family, not soley because they aren't here to read it, but because we didn't make jokes about the victim himself. Our jokes were about the guy who killed him. How making fun of the guy that killed him hurts his family is all in YOUR head.....we are making fun of what a piece of **** Hernandez is. It IS my opinion that the victim played a role in his own death...that's only conjecture....but I don't apologize if he was innocent because I didn't crack any jokes about the murder itself....I only offered an opinion. That being said.....if he DID die because he was involved in criminal activity...he gets what he gets without any hesitiation. His children cannot be hurt by my words....you being offended means nothing to me. You are not personally affected.

    Again...I find your opinion on this to be completely silly and a total over reaction. There is no other perspective for me.
    Again, I know you haven't laughed at the victims directly, nor have you made any comments about the victims in any way shape or form. You have mocked Hernandez' troubles exclusively. However, because Hernandez troubles are rooted in the death of a man and the subsequent pain of his family, even laughing at this troubles, at this time, seems inappropriate to me. We obviously have different standards with such things.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts