+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats will be just fine with Ballard

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that Belicheck is ecstatic to be replacing Hernandez and Gronkowski with Ballard
    I understand what you're saying, but when you have noi choice... Ballard is a great replacement. He can block and he can catch the ball. He hustles, I'm sure BB loves that in a player.

We might see a different offense, but I think they can rest assured Ballard is a good player on that field for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Fixed that for you
    As long as BB has Brady the Giants will be fine?

OK......
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but when you have noi choice... Ballard is a great replacement. He can block and he can catch the ball. He hustles, I'm sure BB loves that in a player.

We might see a different offense, but I think they can rest assured Ballard is a good player on that field for them.
    I hear you and I think that Ballard will be a decent player for them.

But when you're passing offense relies so much on the TE position and you lose two of the best TE's in the league, replacing them with Ballard is not going to even come close to fixing the hole in their offense.

When Ballard had success here he had Cruz and Nicks drawing most of the pass coverage. The Pats have one of the worst WR rosters in the league, so he won't get that luxury there . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You obviously didn't watch any of the highlight links... Pats fans have firsthand experience in watching Ballard tear **** up. And if Eli could get him to do that, then common wisdom would say Brady can do more... right?
    I don't need to watch any highlight films. Ballard will not come close to replacing the production of either Gronk or Hernandez. Since their passing offense relies so heavily on the TE position, that will be a huge problem for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Thing is, Hernandez was far more athletic, and could line up out wide or in the backfield. Ballard is a massive downgrade.
    Still, the common consensus is Brady, 'nuff said. I'm personally not so sure that Brady could do more with Ballard than Eli did. Not because Eli is anything super special, mind you, but because I still believe that Brady is OVERRATED.

Really there's no QB these days that makes the team around him by himself. Rodgers has fits when a 4-man front can get to him, Brady I still believe has been partially carried by the vast array of all-pro quality pass catchers his entire career (and having 8+ seconds to throw on every down due to his OL). Brees has shown that he depends much more on Payton's play-calling to play at an all-pro level, and Eli is, well, Mr. "I derp games for no reason"... Maybe Peyton could have carried a team by himself in his prime, but I don't think that really applies anymore.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 06-27-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Still, the common consensus is Brady, 'nuff said. I'm personally not so sure that Brady could do more with Ballard than Eli did. Not because Eli is anything super special, mind you, but because I still believe that Brady is OVERRATED...
    Eh, ok. You now have zero credibility in any discussion concerning this sport.

Brady is overrated?

Banned
    Gronk and Hernandez are leaps and bounds better than any other TE the Pats have on their roster. On top of that, they run a two TE offense(well they did, probably won't see that too much this year) so yeah those two losses are going to hurt them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Brady is overrated?
    Anyone who calls him a Great QB is on the mark. Even a HoF lock, sure. Anyone calling him the GOAT is overrating him... and there's a LOT of people calling him the GOAT, so yes, he's overrated.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 06-27-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Still, the common consensus is Brady, 'nuff said. I'm personally not so sure that Brady could do more with Ballard than Eli did. Not because Eli is anything super special, mind you, but because I still believe that Brady is OVERRATED.

Really there's no QB these days that makes the team around him by himself. Rodgers has fits when a 4-man front can get to him, Brady I still believe has been partially carried by the vast array of all-pro quality pass catchers his entire career (and having 8+ seconds to throw on every down due to his OL). Brees has shown that he depends much more on Payton's play-calling to play at an all-pro level, and Eli is, well, Mr. "I derp games for no reason"... Maybe Peyton could have carried a team by himself in his prime, but I don't think that really applies anymore.
    Woah, what? For one, Brees cracked 5000 yards and 40 touchdowns for the second year in a row - he's the same whether he's with Payton or without.

With Ballard, he had Nicks, Cruz and Manningham surrounding him. In NE he'll have Michael Jenkins, Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman - hardly a comparable stable.

As for Brady being surrounded by "all-pro" receivers all his career... Think about it - how many of Brady's receivers were playing at an "all-pro" level before they landed on the Pats?
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 06-27-2013 at 09:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread