+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pats will be just fine with Ballard

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    As for Brady being surrounded by "all-pro" receivers all his career... Think about it - how many of Brady's receivers were playing at an "all-pro" level before they landed on the Pats?
    Only Randy Moss, and Brady elevated him from washed-up, to record-breaking.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Only Randy Moss, and Brady elevated him from washed-up, to record-breaking.
    I don't disagree, but you have to still give Moss credit. He was still able to outrun nearly any DB in the league with that streak route. He just had a QB now who could reach him with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I don't disagree, but you have to still give Moss credit. He was still able to outrun nearly any DB in the league with that streak route. He just had a QB now who could reach him with the ball.
    Moss always had strong armed QBs: Culpepper, Brooks, Collins, Cunningham...hell, even Jeff George. Arm strength is only relevant if by "reach him with the ball," you do, in fact, imply arm strength. If you want to talk accuracy, too, then yeah I'd agree, Brady is awesome in that respect as well.

But, as you see, we're back to praising Brady for being incredible, and being the variable in taking a washed-up Moss and breaking a record with him.

Imagine if Brady had a guy like Calvin.

Man, if that happened to Eli, he would have a free pass to throw for 50 interceptions next year.

Now there's chatter out there about the Pats picking up Beckham. That's just creepy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Now there's chatter out there about the Pats picking up Beckham. That's just creepy.
    You see, I am not surprised and I don't find it creepy. Coach Coughlin and Coach Bellichek both came up through NY Giants system and probably have a lot in common when it comes to evaluating football, particularly talent.

If Brady can even come close to duplicating the Pats' passing performance from last year with this cast of characters, he should be put immediately into the HOF. No need to retire or wait 5 years or even vote . . . . he's just in.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    You see, I am not surprised and I don't find it creepy. Coach Coughlin and Coach Bellichek both came up through NY Giants system and probably have a lot in common when it comes to evaluating football, particularly talent.
    If that was the case, wouldn't Belicheck also think that Beckum sucks?

As long as they have TFB, they be fine
    The Gigalo with the most below

+ Reply to Thread