+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Redskins' Indian-Chief Defender: Not A Chief, Probably Not Indian

http://deadspin.com/redskins-indian-...ably-590973565

and he's an Eagles fan....

ROFL... you simply cannot make this stuff up...
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Dan...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

classic.

And I thought it was bad when Danny boy and good ole Roger came out with their statements a few weeks ago (personally, I find the term Redskins to be quite offensive, and I have absolutely no personal connection to Native Americans) that they were out of touch and way out of line. This takes it to new and unseen levels. What a pair of tools!!!!

I can't beleive the NFL has let this go on for so long and really haven't put more pressure on Washington. The name is really demeaning. They could change their name to the Warriors. I don't think there is a problem with the Chiefs, Braves, Indians etc.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    http://deadspin.com/redskins-indian-...ably-590973565

and he's an Eagles fan....

ROFL... you simply cannot make this stuff up...
    Is it a surprise that Dan Snyder is a bigger egomaniac than Jerry Jones? He & Goodell have painted themselves into a corner on this issue.

Wow. What a stunning display of incompetence.

The lack of cultural competence in this world is alarming. The term "Redskins" is absolutely an offensive team name. It's disgusting that it was picked as a team name 81 years ago. The fact that it remains unchanged is absolutely despicable.

All the more reason to hate that team and their fan base....
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    The lack of cultural competence in this world is alarming. The term "Redskins" is absolutely an offensive team name. It's disgusting that it was picked as a team name 81 years ago. The fact that it remains unchanged is absolutely despicable.

All the more reason to hate that team and their fan base....
    Tell me about it. We had a handful of WSH fans on CowboysZone trying to side with Snyder. I felt embarrassed for them.

I don't really have much of a problem with the name...I have a little Cherokee in my blood..but I am also mostly Irish and have NEVER been offended by the stereo-types that us Mick's get lableled with.......mostly I just embrace it and go along with the party,

That being said....it's really a stupid thing to try and hold onto a name that people are offended by. And completely insane to pull a stunt like this. It isn't going to hurt to change the name and you would see a HUGE jump in merch sales if it did.......minus the stubborn old timers who would continue to use the old name (I still call it Giants Stadium).

Dan Snyder is a buffoon and he just sealed the fate. The name will be changed.
    Last edited by FBomb; 06-28-2013 at 04:13 PM.