+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: so sick of brees bs

[quote user="Garbloz"]dont get me wrong hes good and in good scheme surrounded with good o players. but they run up the stats. with the rules aside in the debate. peyton had the best year ever for a qb. they didnt run up the score when they had the game they rested starters including peyton and ran it to kill clock. so sick of hearing about pompous brees n saints. they run up the stats even with crazy leads to make themselves look better. but then again it might make them more money lol so i can't hate that[/quote]</P>

[:^)]</P>

[quote user="poppa smurph"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]brees is the 5th best qb in the league. not the second or third. and that's excluding peyton. brady rodgers eli ben brees just my opinion. just sayin. brees is great, but a lot of it has to do with the system. and yes, they love to pad stats and run up the score.[/quote]It's a good thing we're all entitled to our own opinion.. Brees behind ELI???[/quote]

Why not? Last I checked they've got the same number of championship rings and MVP honors. If the Giants were a pass happy team, Eli'd be ranked right up there with Tom, Drew and Aaron. But the Giants don't embrace that philosophy, however it doesn't negate that status Eli worked so hard (and took a lot of crap for over the years) to achieve. Maybe if Eli played in a nice, cozy dome he'd have better stats. Better still, I'd like to see how Godly Brees would've been if he had to play in sub-zero Lambeau Field for the championship. But if you're judging Brees' standing by stats, then that's yours (and all the other NFL pundits) opinions.

Stats don't win championships.

And, yeah, I'm kinda sick of the Brees love too. Don't get me wrong - he's aces at his position, but enough already. They nauseated me with the '300' chant two years ago and watching him cry with his little boy in his arms was a photog's dream to get the ladies' ovaries all twitching (and I'm a woman!). I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about this guy that's so smug which he hides behind that 'golly, gee, good guy' image. Besides, no one does the 'aw shucks' better than Eli.

I'm not saying Eli is that much better or worse, but I think he deserves to be right up there with Sir Drew

Veteran

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="poppa smurph"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]brees is the 5th best qb in the league. not the second or third. and that's excluding peyton. brady rodgers eli ben brees just my opinion. just sayin. brees is great, but a lot of it has to do with the system. and yes, they love to pad stats and run up the score.[/quote]It's a good thing we're all entitled to our own opinion.. Brees behind ELI???[/quote]

Why not? Last I checked they've got the same number of championship rings and MVP honors. If the Giants were a pass happy team, Eli'd be ranked right up there with Tom, Drew and Aaron. But the Giants don't embrace that philosophy, however it doesn't negate that status Eli worked so hard (and took a lot of crap for over the years) to achieve. Maybe if Eli played in a nice, cozy dome he'd have better stats. Better still, I'd like to see how Godly Brees would've been if he had to play in sub-zero Lambeau Field for the championship. But if you're judging Brees' standing by stats, then that's yours (and all the other NFL pundits) opinions.

Stats don't win championships.

And, yeah, I'm kinda sick of the Brees love too. Don't get me wrong - he's aces at his position, but enough already. They nauseated me with the '300' chant two years ago and watching him cry with his little boy in his arms was a photog's dream to get the ladies' ovaries all twitching (and I'm a woman!). I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about this guy that's so smug which he hides behind that 'golly, gee, good guy' image. Besides, no one does the 'aw shucks' better than Eli.

I'm not saying Eli is that much better or worse, but I think he deserves to be right up there with Sir Drew[/quote]I think you mean King Drew. He owns that city. He could run for mayor tomorrow and win in a landslide lol

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="poppa smurph"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]brees is the 5th best qb in the league. not the second or third. and that's excluding peyton. brady rodgers eli ben brees just my opinion. just sayin. brees is great, but a lot of it has to do with the system. and yes, they love to pad stats and run up the score.[/quote]It's a good thing we're all entitled to our own opinion.. Brees behind ELI???[/quote] Why not? Last I checked they've got the same number of championship rings and MVP honors. If the Giants were a pass happy team, Eli'd be ranked right up there with Tom, Drew and Aaron. But the Giants don't embrace that philosophy, however it doesn't negate that status Eli worked so hard (and took a lot of crap for over the years) to achieve. Maybe if Eli played in a nice, cozy dome he'd have better stats. Better still, I'd like to see how Godly Brees would've been if he had to play in sub-zero Lambeau Field for the championship. But if you're judging Brees' standing by stats, then that's yours (and all the other NFL pundits) opinions. Stats don't win championships. And, yeah, I'm kinda sick of the Brees love too. Don't get me wrong - he's aces at his position, but enough already. They nauseated me with the '300' chant two years ago and watching him cry with his little boy in his arms was a photog's dream to get the ladies' ovaries all twitching (and I'm a woman!). I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about this guy that's so smug which he hides behind that 'golly, gee, good guy' image. Besides, no one does the 'aw shucks' better than Eli. I'm not saying Eli is that much better or worse, but I think he deserves to be right up there with Sir Drew[/quote]Not discounting Eli one bit when I question another posters opinion of Brees behind Eli. </P>

In my opinion what makes Brees a belt-knotch higher then Eli is overall accuracy. If you had the chance to watch every game over the course of both of their careers, I'm pretty certain you'd find Brees is a more accurate passer. Again, just my opinion.</P>

I'll whole-heartedly agree that there is nothing more sickening then bandwagon-fandom. Brees to an extent has received that type of attention with the likes of Brady and formally the Falcons QB Vick.</P>

But the networks aren't stupid. For every fan that may turn the channel when a spotlight falls on these people, another 3 tune in to watch.</P>
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

[quote user="cornerback30"]Your tired I'm a Giant fan and I live down here in Louisiana,you could imagine hearing this s*** everyday.They swear they are the best thing in the NFL cant wait for'em to exit outta the playoffs so reality can look'em in the face
    [/quote]

They are good in a domed stadium. Outside just an average team.

take his head off TUCK

Before we coronate the Saints just yet, lets see what they can do against a first-rate defense outside the "Dome"!!! They're rather pedestrian outside they're "Bayou Bedroom" so lets not crown them yet! I'm hoping the Niners close out the Saints season and we beat the Pack so we can see a real defensive battle and let Eli prove to the naysayers that he is truly elite!!!!!

[quote user="bigal1giant"]Before we coronate the Saints just yet, lets see what they can do against a first-rate defense outside the "Dome"!!! They're rather pedestrian outside they're "Bayou Bedroom" so lets not crown them yet! I'm hoping the Niners close out the Saints season and we beat the Pack so we can see a real defensive battle and let Eli prove to the naysayers that he is truly elite!!!!![/quote]

This!!

This coronation of the Saints sickens me as much as the coronation of the '07 Pats before the season was even over. They may have faced us in the season finale, but we sharpened our defense in the playoffs to the likes that made Brady's head spin. I could care effin' less about Brees and his almight 'stats'. STATS DO NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

I'll be rooting for SF - not because I'd rather the Giants face them instead of NO should they beat GB - but because I just want the Saints gone. I much prefer Tebow-mania over Brees-Mania. I'd rather listen to Mad Dog than hear the Saints 'woo, woo' chant. I think they're a classless bunch of bullies

Starter

[quote user="TroyArcher"]They are good in a domed stadium. Outside just an average team.[/quote]

[quote user="bigal1giant"]They're rather pedestrian outside they're "Bayou Bedroom" [/quote]

from Twitter this morning:

Jim Trotter
    the perception is the saints can't win
    outdoors. they're 12-4 outside the last 3 years, w/ 1 loss occurring
    when they rested their starters.

[quote user="Tox"][quote user="TroyArcher"]They are good in a domed stadium. Outside just an average team.[/quote]

[quote user="bigal1giant"]They're rather pedestrian outside they're "Bayou Bedroom" [/quote]

from Twitter this morning:

Jim Trotter
    the perception is the saints can't win
    outdoors. they're 12-4 outside the last 3 years, w/ 1 loss occurring
    when they rested their starters.
    [/quote]

Those 12 outdoor wins came against subpar teams. The only playoff team was divisional rival, Tampa Bay in 2010.
    <font size="2">
    (2009: Buffalo Bills (6-10), Kolb led Eagles, Dolphins (7-9), Washington (4-12), Buccaneers (3-13)
    2010: Panthers (2-14), 49ers (6-10), Bengals (4-12), 10-6 Buccaneers.
    2011: Jacksonville (5-11), Panthers (6-10), Titans (9-7)</font>)

I think it's more of an away from the Superdome thing at any rate, not an outdoors issue.

I've been very Jealous of the Saints for the past few years because of their inexplicably easy schedule on the road. Not their fault for taking advantage of the situation so I don't hate them for it or anything.

That said, I've been very critical of their performances away from the superdome, and while they ultimately win the majority of their away games, they appear far more human on the road. In 09 they struggled against weaker competition on the road, 2010 they lost to a 7-9 Seattle team in the playoffs (Also the Cleveland Browns early in the season as well as the Cardinals), and even this year they lost to the Bucs and Rams on the road (combined record of 6-26).

You could even go back to 2006 and the NFCC game debacle they had against the Bears.

They are a team that needs team speed to succeed as well as their boisterous fan base. Both of those things are not present on the road, especially on grass turf.

If they knock off SF and GB on the road (assuming GB goes on) I'll get off their case.