+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Has Sacrificed Stats By Switching Positions When Needed

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Either we trust Reese to not overpay, which I do, or we don't. Once the contract is signed there is no script for players to follow. The get on the field and, hopefully, do the best they can.
    I don't trust him, at least not on defense when Reese is dealing with new free agent talent. I think we overpaid for Canty, Boley, and Rolle.

I do trust JR to resign players that have played for us and are negotiating new contracts, so I know we won't overpay Rolle again.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't trust him, at least not on defense when Reese is dealing with new free agent talent. I think we overpaid for Canty, Boley, and Rolle.

I do trust JR to resign players that have played for us and are negotiating new contracts, so I know we won't overpay Rolle again.
    overall seems to have worked out though
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    overall seems to have worked out though
    If you're just looking at the results then Reese is flawless.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 06-30-2013 at 04:11 PM.

If you just looking at the results then Reese is flawless.
    for me thats the bottom line. Dont care how the team got there but they got there with SB wins 2x in the last 6 seasons.

No body is flawless but why complain, other then for the sake of debate, when the desired results are attained.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think every GM used to over pay every free agent (from another team). That is how the crazy economics of this league used to work. It has improved during this past off season but stars who blossom, especially non first rounders, in their first 4 years are going to be severely underpaid like Cruz and guys with some resume like Canty are going to be greatly overpaid. I think the new system is in the process of trimming that up, at least with regards to ordinary (non starts) free agents.
    No one remembers who came in second.

It's easy to criticize after the fact.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

If you just looking at the results then Reese is flawless.
    what else matters besides winning championships? the numbers are for the front office people to worry about not us fans

GET WELL SOON

All-Pro
    Lol. This guy talks more than anyone on the team but somehow gets a pass because they ask him to play more than one position. Rooting for him because he is on the team and they need him, but this guy doe a a lot of talking. Most of the big plays hat the defense Ives up seem o have him trailing the play because he bit or was lost. He needs to play a lot better no matter where they ask him to play. Don't dislike him, but he makes a ton of money and didn't play well last year. They need him to play big this year.

I do not agree with the notion that Rolle's natural position is a deep safety, even if Rolle himself thinks that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. This guy talks more than anyone on the team but somehow gets a pass because they ask him to play more than one position. Rooting for him because he is on the team and they need him, but this guy doe a a lot of talking. Most of the big plays hat the defense Ives up seem o have him trailing the play because he bit or was lost. He needs to play a lot better no matter where they ask him to play. Don't dislike him, but he makes a ton of money and didn't play well last year. They need him to play big this year.
    We need them all to play big
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread