+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Has Sacrificed Stats By Switching Positions When Needed

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We overpaid, no matter what he does. We paid him like the best safety in the league. He is not that guy. I do hope his play improves if he plays more free safety.
    The money is kind of immaterial because that is what we are obligated for this year so I agree with you, I just want him to be the best he can be for us wherever he plays.

PS We not only paid him like he was the best safety in the league but had to add something extra to purge the pain of CC Brown, Rouse etal the previous year. Our safeties were a flat out disaster that year when Phillips never made it through camp and the misery began.
    No one remembers who came in second.

We overpaid, no matter what he does. We paid him like the best safety in the league. He is not that guy. I do hope his play improves if he plays more free safety.
    They had to pay market price to land him. It's the restructuring that's made his contract seem even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You can't blame a player for what the team offers. More and more I think the combination of players in each unit is far more important than individual "stars."
    That career you envisioned as a players' agent needs to be put on hold. You sound like a flat out GM on the other side of the negotiating table. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You can't blame a player for what the team offers. More and more I think the combination of players in each unit is far more important than individual "stars."
    I'm not blaming him at all, but we could have spent our money wiser.

Rolle's talent compared to CC Brown's is commensurate to the money he is paid compared to the money we paid CC Brown.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That career you envisioned as a players' agent needs to be put on hold. You sound like a flat out GM on the other side of the negotiating table. lol
    I've been on both sides, employer is far more easy on the nerves.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

That rear view mirror sure can be crystal clear. Understand the context of what went down that off season. We were coming off a miserable season at safety and Kenny Phillips was coming off very complicated knee surgery. We had to overhaul the safety position in a big way. The available safeties in free agency were not that great and in short supply. It was also a completely different salary cap environment where the cap dollars were growing every year. GM's had a view that they could grow into many contracts.

Enter Rolle, an all pro into that mix and you know why we paid what we did. There wasn't much choice at that moment.

thats what I mean....when it comes to players salaries its not a "we" thing. Its a Giants org thing.
    Rolle was on the teans that won two SBs. If he wasnt on the team everythng would have been different and maybe those two wins dont happen.
    Not saying he was soley resposible but he wa spart of the whole team. One change in the puzzle and that can or would have changed everything. Maybe for the better or maybe for the worse....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Either we trust Reese to not overpay, which I do, or we don't. Once the contract is signed there is no script for players to follow. They get on the field and, hopefully, do the best they can.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 06-30-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Rolle's talent compared to CC Brown's is commensurate to the money he is paid compared to the money we paid CC Brown.
    Knowing what we know now I don't think he would have received that offer. He's good safety, but he doesn't have CB cover skills and in fact his safety coverage skills aren't as good as we thought.

+ Reply to Thread